Question Box with YouTube/netflix apps

joelk2

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So I'm switching broadband providers to Plusnet from virgin due to the price.

Everyone in the house is used to using the virgin box to access YouTube and netflix and catch-up services

I'm looking for an inexpensive box which would allow me to of the same but also lets me watch the freeview/you view channels.

I was set on the plusnet box as they said it can do all the above but upon some investigation it doesn't appear that it has a YouTube app. Could anyone confirm or alternatively suggest a box I could buy that can do this?

I think an Amazon Firestick might meet your needs. Currently the 4k one is just under £50. It doesn't record but will access most catch-up services and has links to You Tube and Netflix.

Last edited:
I think an Amazon Firestick might meet your needs. Currently the 4k one is just under £50. It doesn't record but will access most catch-up services and has links to You Tube and Netflix.
I have 2 of the first generation ones. And they seem pretty poor WiFi wise.

Although I've just realised my TV has Freeview built in and YouTube/netflix/prime apps so all good. Can get rid of the box altogether. If never seen the YouTube and netflix apps on there before.

Don't the BT Freeview boxes have youtube and Netflix? You don't have to be a BT subscriber to buy it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom