Boyz n the Hood 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I had no idea this was coming to 4K, thanks Cas, a definite buy for me.

Thanks Cas, i was always going to buy this.

Watched it numerous times in my teens and numerous times on VHS, but this is pretty much what got me kick started in the home cinema game.

I had my Panasonic VHS player hooked up to my 2 channel Denon stereo amplifier and in turn, my Tannoy mercury M1 one speakers at the time, as soon as i heard thumping bass from the music, and then the lowriders hit the screen, i was hooked. Really looking forward the 4k/Atmos upgrade.

Keep up the excellent work Cas.:thumbsup:

There were some great films out around this time (with great soundtracks) and I was probably a little bit on the young side to appreciate them. All the cool kids had watched them but I was never allowed to watch 18’s ☹️

Menace to society, Friday, Higher Learning, Above the Rim and of course Don’t be a Menace 😂

Next Friday was more my era and was what got me revisiting the above when I was old enough to do so!

There were some great films out around this time (with great soundtracks) and I was probably a little bit on the young side to appreciate them. All the cool kids had watched them but I was never allowed to watch 18’s ☹

Menace to society, Friday, Higher Learning, Above the Rim and of course Don’t be a Menace 😂

Next Friday was more my era and was what got me revisiting the above when I was old enough to do so!
Don't be a menace to south central while drinking juice in the hood. :rotfl: :clap: , love that film.

Loved this film when I was a teenager and thought I was African American in the mid 90s :rotfl::love:

Thanks for the review! Was in my top ten as a teenager, will be getting this!

Excellent Review Cas,

I absolutely love this film, Stellar performances all round IMO :thumbsup:

Great review Cas :smashin:

An all time great movie, when I get some pennies this will be on my shopping list.
Now the only other film I'm waiting to come to 4K is my favorite movie of all time "Heat"........

Great film, will have to pick this up given the review. Thanks Cas.

There were some great films out around this time (with great soundtracks) and I was probably a little bit on the young side to appreciate them. All the cool kids had watched them but I was never allowed to watch 18’s ☹

Except "Higher Learning" which was a big roll of cliches, you my friend listed some of the 90's highlights !

Thanks @Casimir Harlow didn't know it's coming to 4K neither ! you guys are runing my pocket...

A 4K release definitely worth the 'unmissable' tag. Cheers Cas, will shortly be adding to my collection.

Great review of a classic and important film.

I'm interested to know how this compares to the streamed Netflix version? Is that in UHD? I guess it'll be compressed to a greater extent and lacking atmos too?

Great review of a classic and important film.

I'm interested to know how this compares to the streamed Netflix version? Is that in UHD? I guess it'll be compressed to a greater extent and lacking atmos too?

99% sure that was just in HD. Netflix don’t really show older films in UHD.

Watched this 4k disc on Sunday, i thought the PQ was good to excellent for most part, really nice disc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom