Brand new OLED 65" frozen on dashboard screen; unable to reset

LauraCF

Novice Member
Reaction score
Our brand new 65" LG OLED tv has frozen on the Home Dashboard screen and nothing we have tried will reset it.

If we can't get it up and running again, it's going back, no matter how much we love the picture.

Advice much appreciated, thanks.

Our brand new 65" LG OLED tv has frozen on the Home Dashboard screen and nothing we have tried will reset it.

If we can't get it up and running again, it's going back, no matter how much we love the picture.

Assuming you’ve done a power cycle, off at the wall for 20 mins, turn back on etc?
next step is hold power button on back of tv for 30 seconds

hope it fixes itself overnight🤞

Unfortunately, no overnight fix. We've tried the system reboot, television off, all of the normal things you'd do. The mouse on the remote will move around on the screen, but selecting an item does nothing. It's as though the muse won't intereact with the screen.

Our neighbour, using a different remote, was able to get the TV system updated, and we were hoping that would do it, but as soon as the update was finished, we were back at the Home Dashboard, unable to interact with the screen.

The mouse has brand-new kbatteries, so that isn't it.

It's frustrating, because the whole system was working perfectly three days ago. Then it did this. Now we have $3,000.00 worth of junk.

Should've just bought another Samsung.

Unfortunately, no overnight fix. We've tried the system reboot, television off, all of the normal things you'd do. The mouse on the remote will move around on the screen, but selecting an item does nothing. It's as though the muse won't intereact with the screen.

Our neighbour, using a different remote, was able to get the TV system updated, and we were hoping that would do it, but as soon as the update was finished, we were back at the Home Dashboard, unable to interact with the screen.

It's frustrating, because the whole system was working perfectly three days ago. Then it did this. Now we have $3,000.00 worth of junk.

The remote they use, is it a magic remote or a normal IR remote? and does their remote work at all?

my sympathies, not what you want after dropping a fair chunk of money and got excited to use it

not much consolation, but motherboard failures and software bugs (which this sounds like) are just as likely to happen with any brand.

where do you stand with the retailer? I’m unfamiliar with consumer law in Canada.

No, wait, you were correct!

The one thing we didn't do was hold down the power button for 20 seconds, and it worked. Thank, thank, thank you!
The remote they use, is it a magic remote or a normal IR remote? and does their remote work at all?

my sympathies, not what you want after dropping a fair chunk of money and got excited to use it

not much consolation, but motherboard failures and software bugs (which this sounds like) are just as likely to happen with any brand.

where do you stand with the retailer? I’m unfamiliar with consumer law in Canada.

I wasn't sure whether my reply below got posted...there was an error message.

Anyway, we had NOT held down the power button for 20 seconds, and that solved the problem, so thank you so much! Peace now reigns in our home now that DAZN is once again available.

Just BTW, we bought it at COSTCO, and they are excellent with returns. We would have had no trouble returning this TV.

Again, thank you!

No, wait, you were correct!

The one thing we didn't do was hold down the power button for 20 seconds, and it worked. Thank, thank, thank you!

I wasn't sure whether my reply below got posted...there was an error message.

Anyway, we had NOT held down the power button for 20 seconds, and that solved the problem, so thank you so much! Peace now reigns in our home now that DAZN is once again available.

Just BTW, we bought it at COSTCO, and they are excellent with returns. We would have had no trouble returning this TV.

Again, thank you!
No worries at all, glad to hear it’s come back to life! Yes, the power button reset is hail Mary, but always seems to work

enjoy :clap:

Ive also bought the oled LG tv great picture so many problems. Bought my tv last year with a year warranty from curry's. Has been sent back 3 times now, problems with the screen going green. They replaced it twice now. Just make sure you got a 5 year warranty to cover yourself

Same problem with my Tv but have the screen replaced twice. Should of bought samsung

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom