Bristol Sound & Vision 2016 Show report - article discussion

PC Nut

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get myself down there this year, didn't make it last year.

Sound's familiar

I hope there is more visual this year, very poor last year

Yes it was thin on the ground from memory

An opportunity for Hisense.

May have been but not showing as an exhibitor.

I'm planning to be there on the Friday. Always a nice chance to browse at leisure and get to see many things that you would struggle to normally. Looking forward to seeing some of the new toys on offer although probably veering more towards the audio than the video

Booked my hotel yesterday. First time for me, can't wait to get overly tempted by some stuff i can't really afford :)

Last edited:
Wounder if Audio lab will bring out anything new, was impressed by last years showing in the glass case :eek:

I haven't been for 10 years. I wouldn't do it now. 350 mile round trip for me & as I drive for a living I dont want to drive too much in my spare time.

Anyone remember what Audio T offered as discount at the show last year? Go every year, but weighing up buying an AVR before or wait but have to carry it back to the car!!

I think it is usually around 10% but it can depend on what you are buying. Thinking back to last year I got around 20% off the streamer I bought. They also have some old stock in a sale which can have a bigger reduction.

After a HDCP 2.2 AVR, so something like Denon 4200, hmm will have a think, cheers

Anyone got any tips on where to park? Usually park in the multistory next to the hotel but its around £18 for the day so somewhere a little cheaper would be nice!!

I always get stung there, always turn up late after any rush but still seem to spend 30 mins too long in there and the price seems to double! Just checked NCP and ironically if you turn up early bird, pre 9:30 then it's only £8 all day! Time to pop somewhere for breakfast.

I went to this show some years back and though I certainly enjoyed it I was slightly disappointed to find a good deal more coverage of sound than of vision. Is that still the case?

Edited to add:

Ah, I should have read the whole thread before posting. Sounds as if nothing's really changed, or, if anything, the balance has moved even further.

There was some chat here back when I last visited (which a search has revealed to be 2012) about the feasibility of setting up a show devoted solely to home cinema; it would be great to see such an event.

Last edited:
There are usually AV systems from Primare/SVS, KEF, Yamaha, Monitor Audio, Onkyo, Pioneer, Anthem, JL, REL, as well as rooms by JVC, Epson, and Sony for projectors. Maybe more - that's just off the top of my head.

Davidf, thanks for that. What I was hoping to see on my last visit, and what I remember as not really being represented at all, wasn't so much the central equipment (projectors, TVs and the like) as the other aspects of home cinema: control systems, screens, general design and so on.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom