Brizzle in the Drizzle - The Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2014 - article discussion

My first S&V show, despite only living 15 minutes away :facepalm:. Overall, it was good - an opportunity to see the grade of kit that costs more than a flood defense budget...

I'm not overly into HiFi, but it was nice to experience some of the heavy hitting kit in action, music can sound truly wonderful and engaging when the right bits are used to reproduce it.

I thought the X500 demo was fantastic, in particular the 4K content - I'd expected a visible improvement in visible detail, but it was a leap forward, rather than a step. As I mentioned in the X500 review thread, with 4K content seemingly all being zebras, owls and kingfishers at the moment, you could do much worse than get an X500 to show off the little content that's available. It's a pity more of the projector firms didn't have similar batcave setups, either by choice or by allocation.

I'd mainly gone to see the HD91 in action; whilst the room environment wasn't brilliant, it gave a good indication of what's possible with the PJ. Sitting right behind it, it was almost silent - very impressive. Colour reproduction and motion were excellent, and the thought of 20,000 hours of life from the lamp, yes please. If it wasn't for the shortage of horizontal lens shift, I'd have already ordered one. Next year I'm planning on taking some glasses, my Oppo and a spare sink plug, to ensure a 3D demo is possible... :D, no more excuses Mr. Optoma...

It was a good opportunity to catch up with some forum members also :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom