BT new 500mb and 900mb Broadband packages

Puntoboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for this for a while. I've had 330mb for a little over 3 years now.

Placed an order and it gets activated on Wednesday. Hope my Dream Machine Pro can handle it :)

I just that on their website yesterday and looking to upgrade but haven’t been able to get through. What did you go for? Was your 330 through BT and what was your experience of speeds?

TBH I wish that they would stop f*****g around rolling out enhanced FTTP where it already exists and start focusing on providing FTTP in the areas that dont have it. Openreach need to get their priorities straight. 10 - 20 years to get FTTP for the majority of the UK is disgusting. The only saving grace is that the additional fees being charged for their new offerings can be used to help pay for their snail pace FTTP roll out to the rest of the UK.

I just that on their website yesterday and looking to upgrade but haven’t been able to get through. What did you go for? Was your 330 through BT and what was your experience of speeds?

Yes I already had 330/50. I've upgraded to 900/115. My experience with the current service has been excellent, pretty much every time I've checked the speed directly connected it's been around 300mb, even during peak times.

Yes I already had 330/50. I've upgraded to 900/115. My experience with the current service has been excellent, pretty much every time I've checked the speed directly connected it's been around 300mb, even during peak times.
Thanks undecided between 500 and 900 but will see what they can do when I get through - website suggests both are available

Thanks undecided between 500 and 900 but will see what they can do when I get through - website suggests both are available

I went with 900 purely for the upload speed. With Cameras, photo backup etc all going upstream I'd like it faster. It's a shame they do not offer a symmetric service.

I was about to pull the trigger but I see it's capped at 1000gb. Can't see me ever hitting that but still.

I was about to pull the trigger but I see it's capped at 1000gb. Can't see me ever hitting that but still.

Wait what? They never said that to me! My order confirmation says nothing about download limits.

1584971185321.png

I have also been on 330mb for a few months and signed up for the 900 package. Goes live tomorrow so will be interesting to see how it goes. 330 has been rock solid

I have also been on 330mb for a few months and signed up for the 900 package. Goes live tomorrow so will be interesting to see how it goes. 330 has been rock solid
Wow you must have go in early to get a 24 activation.

ordered Sunday evening our neighbour works for BT and suggested we take a look Sunday rather than today.

ordered Sunday evening our neighbour works for BT and suggested we take a look Sunday rather than today.

Ah nice one. I was aware they were going to release it but thought it was today so didn't look until this morning.

I ordered this afternoon and I'm being activated by midnight tomorrow. I'm currently on the 300 package. Surely its automated?

I phoned today and they said it wasn’t showing on their system, then checked again and said it’s launching for us on the 26th and to phone back then
Strange when the online checker already showing

haven’t been able to upgrade online though as it doesn’t show all the options

I just know I won’t be able to resist the top tier if it’s available when I phone back!

Yep its just a setting needs to be sorted. I am sure that if you look at your router you will see its already connecting at 1000

3pm. Ours is not active yet. I am now working till 10pm (key worker) so wont know until late this evening whether its gone live.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom