Budget 5.1 Speaker package with Denon X2600h

Devaucas

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am planning to buy 5.1 speaker package to go with Denon X2600h, please suggest good 5.1 speaker package or should i choose 5 speakers and subwoofer seperate, Appreciate your inputs, Thanks....

Assuming you already have the receiver? The norm is to pick suitable speakers first then a suitable receiver to power them.

More information is needed about your requirements etc, space, usage, intended spl levels, budget?

budget?

how much space do you have?

does it need to be of any cosmetic requirements?

If Im looking for a 5.1 package myself, I'd go for two pairs of Q acoustics concept 20's and the matching concept centre, and a bk mono plus in gloss white or black or an svs 2000pro or, if no budget contraints one of the top rel acoustics or jl audio subs.

If budget is no issue, Id take a look at the new monitor audio bronze.

If it's a small room, id look at a satellite system from canton or elac.

I have to say that I am very impressed with my budget speaker setup which I use with a 2600.

Although discontinued the Eclipse range from Tannoy is fab for those of limited means.

Right now 4 Eclipse 1s and an Eclipse Centre can be yours for £147 - 2 pairs of 1s open box from Peter Tyson and the centre from Richer Sounds.

I find the BK subs on ebay to be excellent value; my Xxls400 was less than £400 and is sublime.

I have to say that I am very impressed with my budget speaker setup which I use with a 2600.

Although discontinued the Eclipse range from Tannoy is fab for those of limited means.

Right now 4 Eclipse 1s and an Eclipse Centre can be yours for £147 - 2 pairs of 1s open box from Peter Tyson and the centre from Richer Sounds.

I find the BK subs on ebay to be excellent value; my Xxls400 was less than £400 and is sublime.
even better to have 3 centres from rs

Just to add, my family think it's just like the cinema.

But without the kicks on the back of your seat.

even better to have 3 centres from rs
True for films as panning would be seamless.

But for a mix of films and music the 1/centre combo would work better overall.

Tonally the disparate front trio match very well.

Appreciate your inputs, to add more info on my requirements,
Room Size - 15ft x 10ft
Budget - Range of £600
Shld i spend additional on sub for this room size?
Usage - Mostly Movies.

Size - Minimal Looking speakers, Would be overkill to hang big speakers in small room. neither i have space for floor standing speakers.

pls. let me know if used any of these in your setup.
1. Bose 10 acostimass
2. Qacoustics 7000i or 3000
3. Wharfadale DX2

Thanks...

Last edited:
Sub in that size room is a must, your not going to get any sort of bass without one. I’ve owned both the wharfadale and q acoustics 7000i and 3000i systems. The subwoofers that come with the packages are all pretty useless, especially the wharfedale one. Out of the three the 3000 series offers imo great performance for the money. The other two small satellite systems don’t offer much grunt for movies at all. Stay clear from Bose.

I’d go for 5.1 3000 series and a Bk sub, maybe xls400.

If you look for second hand this could be had for under 600! Hope this helps.

Sub in that size room is a must, your not going to get any sort of bass without one. I’ve owned both the wharfadale and q acoustics 7000i and 3000i systems. The subwoofers that come with the packages are all pretty useless, especially the wharfedale one. Out of the three the 3000 series offers imo great performance for the money. The other two small satellite systems don’t offer much grunt for movies at all. Stay clear from Bose.

I’d go for 5.1 3000 series and a Bk sub, maybe xls400.

If you look for second hand this could be had for under 600! Hope this helps.
Thanks Liam.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom