Bumblebee 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Probably the biggest surprise I've seen this year! From the turds michael Bay churned out to this, a great 80s style John hughes feeling movie.

Thanks for the review Cas. Personally I thought this movie was trying a little too hard. The "2 on 1" and 1 on 1 battle scenes were great but for me this was a watch it once and forget it experience.

Loved that Stan Bush’s ‘The Touch’ was in the soundtrack - wonderful nod to the cartoon movie

Nice review @Casimir Harlow :smashin:

Visually the picture quality is astounding isn't it and for me made more so with the screen filling full frame picture which just looks glorious in 4k HDR :cool: From the opening of the film, the picture is just incredible and the audio too is 10/10 as you note.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 80's vibe and music to this film, that was a really nice touch.

The film itself I enjoyed it but found the storyline just a touch shallow and felt they were aiming more towards a younger audience but it was very enjoyable.

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Watched this on ATV recently & we loved it enough to watch it twice in the 48 hour rental window.

Apart from the very first Michael Bay Transformers, (With Julie White on fantastic Comedic form as Judy Witwicky), I will never feel a need to revisit any of the other Baytastrophies.
This one, I will definitely buy. I really do hope they put Knight at the helm on some follow ups.

Is this ok as a standalone movie or would you need to be familiar with the transformer movies previously?

Is this ok as a standalone movie or would you need to be familiar with the transformer movies previously?

Works fine as a standalone

Helps to know something about Transformers in general, but the Bay Bunch you don't need to have seen
In fact, it's almost better if you have NOT seen the other Movies! ;)

You may well enjoy it even more if you haven't seen any of the others. Wow, I'd love to go back and wipe those from memory (apart from the first, as @Evinger says, although I'd probably sacrifice even that if it was the price to pay for erasing the sequels).

Wow no love for the Bayster lol?
To be fair they are mostly bad movies but they have enough HDR/Atmos crash,bang,wallop (RIP Mike Reid) that I personally don't care. It's why I say that Pacific Rim Uprising is the best Transformers film out there.

P.S. I haven't seen the Last Knight yet so that may be the proverbial straw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all, sounds like a good Saturday evening movie for me and the kids

Yup that was one of the nicest things about seeing this at the cinema - knowing I could share it with my daughter when I got the disc. After Spider-Verse, it’s a good time for decent PG movies.

Life in general is better if you haven't ever seen any of the other Transformers movies....

After Watching "The Last Knight" (And that also felt like a very long Night), I had to get new glasses, as my old ones were worn out with all the Bayotich Fight Scenes & "Plot" (Can I even call it that?).
Why oh why did I watch any after the first? A hope maybe that the next one would be better, or just straight forward Masochism?

"3D High Definition immersive audio track"...
Shame on paramount for not releasing this on 3D blu ray for the complete experience.

After Watching "The Last Knight" (And that also felt like a very long Night), I had to get new glasses, as my old ones were worn out with all the Bayotich Fight Scenes & "Plot" (Can I even call it that?).
Why oh why did I watch any after the first? A hope maybe that the next one would be better, or just straight forward Masochism?
Hmm the prevailing wisdom is simply "don't" when it comes to this film then lol....

Hmm the prevailing wisdom is simply "don't" when it comes to this film then lol....
If you value your sanity (And eyesight), stay far, far away, yes. :)

While not something id probably watch again this film reminded me more of the family type adventure movies from the 80's and early 90's. It was a much more personal story and I actually enjoyed the fight scenes more than anything iv seen recently in the transformers movie.

Agree with others, took my son to see this at the cinema and it's one of the highlights of the year for me. Finally got the look and feel bang on and I'm looking forward to the inevitable sequel. Day one purchase for me!

Is this definitely 2.40:1? The US disc seems to be 1.85:1

Is this definitely 2.40:1? The US disc seems to be 1.85:1

No, it's defo not 2.4:1, thanks for pointing that out - it was correct in the tech specs, but must have been overlooked in the pic section.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom