Question Bumper repair

numskull1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, hopefully some of you have repaired bumpers and will have a simple solution to my issue.

I've got the new bumpers but when it comes to actually fitting them, i slide the "plate" bit down over the xbox home button, but no matter what i do, i cant get it to "click" into place.... any ideas?

Check the actual "bumper parts" are lined up correctly, took me ages to figure out why it wouldn't click into place the first time I replaced them.

Check the actual "bumper parts" are lined up correctly, took me ages to figure out why it wouldn't click into place the first time I replaced them.

Cheers, i done it now, but good lord was it a hassle lol

Im not actually sure what the problem is/was, they were seated correctly but just wouldnt "click" into place, i actually have 2 busted controllers (and a fully working elite), had 4 sets of bumpers, 3 sets would click into place on both controllers but the blue bumpers i wanted to use only seem to fit one controller, which is strange as they both the same model controller

Cheers, i done it now, but good lord was it a hassle lol

Im not actually sure what the problem is/was, they were seated correctly but just wouldnt "click" into place, i actually have 2 busted controllers (and a fully working elite), had 4 sets of bumpers, 3 sets would click into place on both controllers but the blue bumpers i wanted to use only seem to fit one controller, which is strange as they both the same model controller

The controllers have slightly different bumpers. If you look below the battery it gives a controller model number to match up with correct bumpers. There was some small changes made by MS for reliability due to the early controllers bumpers breaking.

The controllers have slightly different bumpers. If you look below the battery it gives a controller model number to match up with correct bumpers. There was some small changes made by MS for reliability due to the early controllers bumpers breaking.

Yeah, both controllers are the 1697 model with the headphone port, thats why it's strange that the blue bumpers i was using only fit one of them, while my 3 other identical (besides colour) sets of bumpers clicked fine on both controller

Seems strange, perhaps some defect from the factory with the controller. Quality control isn’t what it used to be.

Yep, cheap crap thats what it is lol, got another project for today now, some led backlit buttons, should be fun.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom