Burgers (Store Bought Which Do You Find The Best).

Garrett

Reaction score
Just started last couple of years with MacDonalds tasing the different country tupe burgers and been enjoying them but got into the habit of having a burger one day a week but then the lock-down.

First week went to M&S to get some of their Aberdeen Angus quarter pounders I use to like but got some Best Ever ones that were very good but even before they opened at 8am and getting in a queue at 7.50 am it was about 8.20am when I got in.
I then got some limited edition with Stilton burgers 5oz burgers from Iceland that have been very good apart from the last one which tasted like the cheese they used had gone off or used way too much cheese in it, but in all Id still get them, but they stopped selling them.
Years ago I use to get the plain Taste the Difference burgers from Salisburys but reading the recent reviews some lot say lots of fat come off them and gristly.
So wondering if you bought store bought ones which you find the best?

Since the lock down only been going to Sainsburys, Tesco or Iceland.

Bought some Tesco Finest frozen burgers the other week and they were quite good. Did them in the oven and they did need the fat clearing from the tray a couple of times during cooking and the oven stank of them for days after.

But best shop-bought I've had were the M&S Best Ever ones. Not just a clever name.

not on your list so not sure if you have one local but morrisons do some decent burgers, tried their best of british chuck steak burgers and they were pretty good. bbq'd well and had a good flavour

making them is the best way but understandably not for everyone

The Lidl Aberdeen Angus are good.
Use to go in there although other side of town for their in store cooked buns, but the silly beggars who only in the last 6 moth closed there operator checkouts early doors, and made it self service checkout, but when I popped in just for buns expecting to get though quick they shut the self service checkout and went back to operator check out and there be people there with trolleys piled up and only 1 checkout open. :mad:

I've had a limited range of shop bought burgers, but the best ones I had recently were Tesco Finest chuck steak burgers. Really tasty on the BBQ. However, they come in a pack of 2, which I didn't realise and there were 4 of us. Doh.

I think the aldi ones are pretty good. Fresh not frozen.
Always think it’s worth making your own though. I bought a cheap burger press and it’s what I do now. Just a though.

Been making my own for a while now (mincer and flat iron) but have enjoyed the Aldi Wagu burgers that were not bad for price and taste.

M&S best ever for me especially topped with some home made bacon jam and some crispy dry cured bacon and popping them in M&S brioche buns!

Alas last time i bbq’d ended up in a covid triage cos i thought i was having a heart attack! It ended up being gall stones!

Another vote for Aldi Wagu.
Had them for the first time 3 days ago and loved them.

Wagyu burgers from Costco are really nice.

I think I'm in the minority not liking Brioche buns. Just too sweet and not keen on the texture either. Give me a fluffy white floured bap any day.

I've had a limited range of shop bought burgers, but the best ones I had recently were Tesco Finest chuck steak burgers. Really tasty on the BBQ. However, they come in a pack of 2, which I didn't realise and there were 4 of us. Doh.
Went in Tesco today early doors and they had enough burgers on for all the county to have a barbecue tonight, but of all the many burgers they had they had non of them.
Went round to Salisburys and got some Taste the Difference which use to be very good years ago ÂŁ3 for 2 and had some 4 packs inÂŁ5 I also spotted some Birds Eye Inspiration 5oz burgers so picked some of them as well although just went to there site and they only get 2/5 stars.:(

Went in Tesco today early doors and they had enough burgers on for all the county to have a barbecue tonight, but of all the many burgers they had they had non of them.
Went round to Salisburys and got some Taste the Difference which use to be very good years ago ÂŁ3 for 2 and had some 4 packs inÂŁ5 I also spotted some Birds Eye Inspiration 5oz burgers so picked some of them as well although just went to there site and they only get 2/5 stars.:(
Can't say I'd ever buy Birds Eye anything.
How were the taste the difference ones?

Can't say I'd ever buy Birds Eye anything.
How were the taste the difference ones?
Very good, lots of fat came off in the cooking but there were like 6oz burgers to start off.

If you want to try online then I highly recommend Farmison.com. They’re burgers are gorgeous! They do ones with bone marrow mixed in! :thumbsup:

In my experience, these are the best.

1. M&S Best Ever.

2. Waitrose 1 Dry Aged Burgers

4. GBK patties from Waitrose

The key thing to look for is fat content. If you don't have at least 15% fat, it's going to taste a bit dry and won't leak fat that bastes the burger when it cooks.

But what happened to no. 3? ;)

But what happened to no. 3? ;)

That was Turner and George White Label Burgers. Made from ex Dairy cow. Bit expensive, but really delicious. Took them off because you can't buy them in a supermarket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom