Answered Buying Disks from America

So do Stackry open your existing package and then repackage it? Or, if you only have 1 package, do they just put a new label on that and send it?

I don’t think I have ever only had 1 package but I think they give you the option to repack as shipping is done on volumetric weight which means smaller packages are cheaper. If you have bought just discs I cant imagine it would make much difference but it sort of depends where you have ordered from and how it was packed. You also have the option for them to remove the paperwork, which is advisable.

I’m close to giving this a go.

Bunch of 4K discs that i’l like to get but I aint paying £30 a pop at the likes of wow hd.

For those with accounts, whats the most you've shipped over (as in no of discs) , and did you still mark it under £15:D I suppose if you marked it as DVD’s which probably go for a dollar these days, you could get away with a dozen or so.

Remember to use a referral code for your first order if you have one as you will get $10 off (as will the referrer). If not, I might be able to help... :D

So do Stackry open your existing package and then repackage it? Or, if you only have 1 package, do they just put a new label on that and send it?

Stackry is economical when you buy in bulk and consolidate into one. But if you just have the one package then it's difficult to say. It depends on the overall dimensions and weight and how the original vendor packed it for you. It is only $2 for stackry to repack it for you. Otherwise they will find a bigger parcel to accommodate the original one and send that to you. Which will result in an overall bigger and heavier payload for shipment.

Last edited:
quick question guys...does Stackry work with Amazon??

have a few Anime DVD I'd like to grab but they aren't shipping to the UK at the moment so was considering the Stackry option instead

Thank you

Neil

quick question guys...does Stackry work with Amazon??

have a few Anime DVD I'd like to grab but they aren't shipping to the UK at the moment so was considering the Stackry option instead

Thank you

Neil

Yes it does. :)

In addition to above. For those that use Stackry. Have you used it (and did it work) with the following.

Best Buy
Target
Deep Discount
Walmart

In addition to above. For those that use Stackry. Have you used it (and did it work) with the following.

Best Buy
Target
Deep Discount
Walmart

DD (and all their sister sites) definitely work and Stackry's website suggests Target does to (see below). Walmart and BB don't but, apparently, there is a way of tinkering with your Stackry address to make BB work. BB would be great as they have some amazing sales and exclusive Steelbooks.

Snip20200527_1.png

I've had success with Best Buy, having managed to score some best buy exclusive steel books during their last sale. I was lucky though... Not everyone has had success with them.

Attachments

• 20200527_113020.jpg
    20200527_113020.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200527_113010.jpg
    20200527_113010.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 143
I've had success with Best Buy, having managed to score some best buy exclusive steel books during their last sale. I was lucky though... Not everyone has had success with them.

Did you alter the address at all?

Did you alter the address at all?

Yes I changed the address to "apt." (as in apartment) followed by my locker number. Seemed to go through ok. Not sure I'll have the same luck next time though!

Yes I changed the address to "apt." (as in apartment) followed by my locker number. Seemed to go through ok. Not sure I'll have the same luck next time though!

cheers. I was going to try something similar next time they have a sale. Replacing “unit” with apartment is a good idea. There is no downside to having a go.

I don’t think I have ever only had 1 package but I think they give you the option to repack as shipping is done on volumetric weight which means smaller packages are cheaper. If you have bought just discs I cant imagine it would make much difference but it sort of depends where you have ordered from and how it was packed. You also have the option for them to remove the paperwork, which is advisable.

I'm just going to have the one package of t-shirts but it's likely going to have the seller / shipper info on as well as the actual value so I assume I would need to have it re-packed or do they remove / replace the label?

I'm just going to have the one package of t-shirts but it's likely going to have the seller / shipper info on as well as the actual value so I assume I would need to have it re-packed or do they remove / replace the label?
Removing paperwork is a free option as part of consolidating more than one package but I presume you will need them to repack yours for them to remove the docs.

What method of payment are you using for BB? I tried ordering in the past to deliver to my friend in the US for their birthday, but it kept recognising my PayPal as from the UK and would keep cancelling the order.

What method of payment are you using for BB? I tried ordering in the past to deliver to my friend in the US for their birthday, but it kept recognising my PayPal as from the UK and would keep cancelling the order.

I think I used a fee-free credit card. Best Buy advise the following:

Placing a BestBuy.com order:
Use this exact billing address in place of your non-U.S. billing address during checkout:
10780 Kempwood Dr.
Houston, TX 77043

Pleased to announce my first Stackry experience was a positive one :)

Timeline for anyone interested:

Two parcels delivered to Stackry 1st June
Requested Consolidation which was completed by 3rd June
Shipped 3rd June with cheapest option
Parcel arrived yesterday :clap:

1592320190759.png

Pleased to announce my first Stackry experience was a positive one :)

Timeline for anyone interested:

Two parcels delivered to Stackry 1st June
Requested Consolidation which was completed by 3rd June
Shipped 3rd June with cheapest option
Parcel arrived yesterday :clap:

View attachment 1319030

That's great to hear. I've only used it for discs but useful to know that it applies to clothes as well. Trust customs etc. was all fine for you?

PS: Nice threads.

Yeah Customs was fine thankfully, the tracking showed Cleared Customs I think on Saturday. It was originally shipped with DHL but delivered in the UK by Yodel.

I was worried because of the trainers in the parcel and the value of them but thankfully all turned up ok.

I received my first Stackry order yesterday. Shipped on 11 June so 2 weeks is pretty good. Shipped via dhl with no customs. Very happy with them, shame I can’t get Best Buy to ship there.

5F62DCBB-B192-42FD-B229-6778D85975DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Is anyone aware of a Stackry equivalent in Canada and has anyone used one to ship to the UK? After some recommendations please.

Hi when your consolidating packages what option do you tick to keep manufactures packaging or do you get caseless discs?

Hi when your consolidating packages what option do you tick to keep manufactures packaging or do you get caseless discs?

When you consolidate the packaging, they remove the envelope, any pointless "bumf" (i.e. leaflets, brochures etc.) and just send you the actual items. So blu-rays would have the case and all. I just used them for the Barnes and Nobel Criterion Sale. The weight of Barnes and Nobels' delivery was 5lb but once I consolidated, it was 2lb.

I saw that Jaws on UHD at amazon.com was down to $9.99, thought i'd stick it in my basket to see what it would come up as to ship over here as I've been waiting for it to come down a bit
amazon.com are wanting $11.48 for amazonglobal standard shipping now!!!
Is this a new thing? according to their shipping rates its the same old charges it always used to be?
If this is the new trend from amazon.com its going to make it even LESS likely I'll be ordering off them

I saw that Jaws on UHD at amazon.com was down to $9.99, thought i'd stick it in my basket to see what it would come up as to ship over here as I've been waiting for it to come down a bit
amazon.com are wanting $11.48 for amazonglobal standard shipping now!!!
Is this a new thing? according to their shipping rates its the same old charges it always used to be?
If this is the new trend from amazon.com its going to make it even LESS likely I'll be ordering off them

That's a good price (for the disc). I bought it for $16 so this is even better. If you can use a reshipping company and bulk buy with other titles, then the equivalent shipping cost per disc will be a lot less (although you'll end up spending more - welcome to the world of buying other discs to get cost per disc down!).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom