Buying games from foreign regions: Please read the FAQ in the first post

What if they are holding off on the territory lock until Titanfall's release.

I'll let you test first GZ, I usually buy the game from the American store 1st from my laptop, then sign in with my US gamertag on the X1, and then find the game and download.

My worry is that doing this way if I buy the game then go to the store on my X1 the game won't be there to download till the 14th of March.
Very good point about the game possibly not appearing till the 14th. I guess we will have to wait and see.

just brought pvz using gz method and it was very easy

So, who can help with finding cheap US Points Gift Cards then ? :D Would it work with that? (I know you are unable to use the £ currency with this method)

EDIT: I finally got it working :) (the US Store that is)

EDIT2:

I found this interesting. Now, correct me if I am wrong, I read this as saying (with an example)

- I live in the US and buy a timed exclusive game for $40 instead of $60.
- I move to the UK and in the process break my Xbox. This means I have to re-download all my games again (including the timed exclusive)
- Because I am now physically in a different region, then there is no guarantee I can re-download my content

Now, obviously, in the "virtual" world it is pretty easy to switch locations. So in the scenario above, I would just "change region" and there is my content ready to download.

It also talks about streaming so this applies to things like Movies/Music where they will have different licences I am sure.

What limitations apply to my access and use of Microsoft and third-party content?

We may disable access to Microsoft and third-party content associated with your account for any reason. We may also remove or disable games, applications, content, or Services on your Authorized Device in order to protect the Services, application providers, network operators or any other affected or potentially affected parties. Some content and applications available on the Services may be unavailable from time to time or may only be offered for a limited time due to contractual or other limitations, such as the region of your Account. As such, you may not be able to re-download content or applications or re-stream certain content that you have purchased; for example, if you change your account to another region you may need to re-purchase content or applications that were available to you and paid for in your previous region. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any content or application previously purchased. If we receive information from the content owners indicating the dates their content will be unavailable, we will try to share this information with you.

Last edited:
Just found this website: http://www.offgamers.com/xbox-live/xbox-us/xbox-live-us-gift-card-c-3455-3466-3467.ogm which is selling $50 worth of credit for £30 which is better than the around 25% saving once paypal convert the currencies.

Anyone used these? They have a UK based support telephone number but a Malaysian head office???

Might be worth a punt for £30

Thinking about it, it says for US account only. I wonder if that means it will work with my Uk account (and just changing region) if that makes sense?

The conversion is actually the same as it is for buying via paypal (near enough) so the saving isn't like buying cheap points in the UK (where you can get a £50 for around £40).

Thinking about it, it says for US account only. I wonder if that means it will work with my Uk account (and just changing region) if that makes sense?

The conversion is actually the same as it is for buying via paypal (near enough) so the saving isn't like buying cheap points in the UK (where you can get a £50 for around £40).

Yeah you're right. Best keeping it simple and just going through Xbox Live website and using paypal. These cards will only work on US accounts though

no games are locked .. my games bought via the US store work .. if a "known" site reported it instead of ones ive not heard of i would panic .. until then

what micro did do was take awake peoples games they bought off a dodgy ebay seller .. my guess thats the real story

There is always a risk, however, from Albert Penello himself:

EDIT: Note this article is from August - however, there would be a bit of a storm if people started to retrospectively region lock games.

He also noted that all games are "worldwide signed" i.e. region-free, unlike Xbox 360 titles, and "the console will work everywhere (keeping in mind power supplies)."

"You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family," he continued before slyly adding "Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards..."

Microsoft explains how Xbox One importing could work • News • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net

I have a question/cocern about the release of Titanfall...

Has any other games released BEFORE the UK version and been available to download? What I mean is, while I can "buy" the licence tomorrow on the US store.xbox.com (at around 8am), will it be downloadable on my Xbox though, as it won't be available on that store (if that makes sense?)

Has any other games released BEFORE the UK version and been available to download? What I mean is, while I can "buy" the licence tomorrow on the US store.xbox.com (at around 8am), will it be downloadable on my Xbox though, as it won't be available on that store (if that makes sense?)
I'd like to know this to.

Just a quick one on this , if I change my region on xbox to US will my UK bought disc games still work ?

I have a US Amazon account so no prob's getting points and am tempted by this..are there any downsides ?

What about DLC' s ?

maybe a few questions after all sorry :confused:

Just a quick one on this , if I change my region on xbox to US will my UK bought disc games still work ?

I have a US Amazon account so no prob's getting points and am tempted by this..are there any downsides ?

What about DLC' s ?

maybe a few questions after all sorry :confused:

All discs are region free so yes.

This is probably the best most comprehensive guide I have found on buying from the US Store.

It tells you how to do it and the risks of doing it in black and white. Lots of people have done this method to buy games and I am sure others will too going forward.

However, there is always a risk with it of course.

Step by Step Guide to purchasing Games from US Xbox One Store from any region

You will not have the UK store you will have US store until you sign back into your main tag

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom