Buying iphone from Ebay

Brendas

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear members, Had a question. Is it ok to buy a iPhone from Ebay in Open but not used condition with box missing. The guy is ready to share the buying receipt and ok to come to an Apple store to hand over the phone in person before I pay the money. Can Apple store check and tell me that the phone is legitimate. Any advise, experiences welcome. Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Dear members, Had a question. Is it ok to buy a iPhone from Ebay in Open but not used condition with box missing. The guy is ready to share the buying receipt and ok to come to an Apple store to hand over the phone in person before I pay the money. Can Apple store check and tell me that the phone is legitimate. Any advise, experiences welcome. Thanks for your time.

Cheers
Ask the seller if they can send you the IMEI of the phone and the Serial numbe rin settings - -> general -- >about

You can check whether the phone is blacklisted, and is an official apple product

If it's really open not used he won't get to those as the phone isn't setup. If it shows the 'Hello' screen there should be a little 'I' button. That should show the IMEI.
The safest thing to do is buy and pay with Paypal and get delivered. Then if all isn't well eBay will get your money back. If you pay cash in person you've no protection from them.

Cheers for the reply sagaris and Mary. If I take it to Apple Store before the bank transfer, would they not be able to verify the authenticity of the phone

Not used but box missing? That sounds very dodgy.

I wouldn't have thought an Apple genius is going to help you with buying a second-hand store. Besides all the stores are closed now anyway ;)

I’m not so sure to buy a phone on ebay, you don’t know what you can get to what, I’d stay away try to see on some other sites maybe even iPhones reconditioned to the apple store or sites like swappie

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom