Question Buying MS gift credit with MS gift credit

ZicoUK

Established Member
Reaction score
So Microsoft have currently dropped the rewards points to claim a £5 card to 5050 (usually 5850 @ lvl 2) and £10 to 10100 (usually 11700 @ lvl 2) until 05/07/2020 with the usual '*Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit.' restriction.

With the XSX not yet announced for pre-order, if it were to be available say late November, any credit deposited from 05/07/2020 will have expired before any pre-order has been billed (usually ~10 days before the due release date).

My question is if I redeemed my points now and got the promotional credit under the current offer, could I then use the existing balance to buy normal Microsoft gift cards from the online store which has no expiry limit??

Has anyone done this??

Last edited:
So Microsoft have currently dropped the rewards points to claim a £5 card to 5050 (usually 5850 @ lvl 2) and £10 to 10100 (usually 11700 @ lvl 2) until 05/07/2020 with the usual '*Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit.' restriction.

With the XSX not yet announced for pre-order, if it were to be available say late November, any credit deposited from 05/07/2020 will have expired before any pre-order has been billed (usually ~10 days before the due release date).

My question is if I redeemed my points now and got the promotional credit under the current offer, could I then use the existing balance to buy normal Microsoft gift cards from the online store which has no expiry limit??

Has anyone done this??

No, you can't buy Microsoft credit directly can you?

You can buy gift cards, both Xbox or Microsoft, from the online store:

In case anybody was interested, I have just tested this out and claimed £10 worth of reward points.

The credit shows up as an available payment option but can't be used for the gift cards unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom