Buying photos? Product placement?

grahamricho

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a vinyl cutter and want to cut some wall art vinyl stickers, which I was going to sell on eBay.

Im looking for some good quality photos of rooms with blank walls (so i can put the text on in photoshop) a room mock up...

Ive trawel the internet and ideally the photos need to have a blank wall thats square to the camera so i dont need to mess about with vanishing points.

I wanted images of modern/ contemporary rooms and basically a kitchen, bathroom, kids bedrooms/nursery etc.

Ive found some of the subscription sites but you have to sign up for a monthly fee and i only want 5 or 6 photos, some of the other sites you could buy credits which didnt seem to bad ? I thought ok 10 credits for £30 ( 10 photos? )but then one photo was 12 credits!

I can find loads of photos but no straight on walls? Thanks

I assume you've looked at places like Alarmy and Shutterstock?
Make sure you have the appropriate licence to cover making derivative works - editing the images to add your text could be beyond the standard terms and conditions.
It might be less hassle in the long run to take your own images or speak directly to a photographer and commission the work so you hold all the copyright forever.

Did notice Shutterstock do a free trial and you can download and keep 10 photos?

I'd check that entitles you to commercial use and the rights to edit the images.

As an amateur I would be annoyed if someone got my pictures for nothing then edited them for commercial gain. Professionals will take an even dimmer view.
Companies like Pixsy make it trivial to find commercial use and issue compensation claims for unlicensed use.

It would not bother me if someone used my photos, I do it because I enjoy doing it not to make a buck.
I've taken photos of lots of buildings in york and always ask the owners and normally they say yes if I can have a copy.
Then you look on their websites and they are using your photo

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom