Buying Pre-Owned Games

davidac

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to collect my new Xbox One X soon. I am considering buying some pre-owned games online from www.game.co.uk, I have a local store so can collect them. Having not owned a console for decades I am probably not up to speed on the "Preowned versions may not include additional content." stated on their site. What content are they likely to not have and are there any other disadvantages of buying pre-owned from them? Anyone had any experience buying pre-owned from them?

All depends on the game, some MP or SP Games can come with additional DLC like Characters or Maps and come as Codes in the Box. It being Pre-Owned more than likely the codes would of been used.

Worth looking at things like Game Pass, EA Access or just Digital Game Sales or CDkeys before buying on Disk imo as you can get a lot of games cheaper nowadays via these options.

Worth looking at things like Game Pass, EA Access

EA access is worth it's weight in GOLD !!
£20 a year subscription, currently 70 or 80+ games ready to download !!
Including all of the EA sports games, NHL, NFL, UFC etc ect, BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV......
Might want to invest in a portable 1tb hard drive, or even larger as some of these games are 70gb+ !!

I buy preowned disc games all the time find them cheaper than digital and i can resell them when im done. Personally i dont use Game for preowned games they are expensive and the last time I was there they would only give me store credit for a faulty game. I find CEX and cash converters cheaper. most of the pre-order stuff is nothing important so you wouldnt be missing out.

Gamepass is worth a trial lots of games

I don't buy many new games, I'm happy waiting a few weeks to save some money.
But I wouldn't look at game for them. Bought many, and sold many from the classifieds on here. Never had a bad experience in over ten years!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom