Question Buzzing from Double Gem

funkyirishman

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok have a double gem and also have monitor audio wireless kit. Denon Receiver and the wireless attached to this and woofer

Last night hear this buzzing noise coming from the subwoofer? Have all the settings set as default but trying to figure out what is causing this. Emailed BK so waiting to see what they say

Anyone have experience of this and what are the cause solution?

Cheers

Do you get buzzing from a cable connection?

The original amp on my xxxls400 had a buzz/hum. Tom @BK replaced it and no problems since.

Do you get buzzing from a cable connection?

The original amp on my xxxls400 had a buzz/hum. Tom @BK replaced it and no problems since.

Thanks I have the power lead and then the lead going from woofer to Monitor Audio which is RCA. So is it the RCA that needs replacing would you think?

If the buzzing persists I'd say it's the sub amp that needs replacing.

Also have a look at 'ground loop hum' posts on these pages, but knowing what I do about BK I think it's the amp.

When I increase LG level gain I can hear it more. Changed cables and same issues

Tried changing where cable is inserted on below so move it from white to red seems no sound but need to try again

So if its the amp I need new one as not a year old 😡

Do you get the hum with the rca unplugged and only the power cable attached?

Just tried it there

Plugged out rca cable turned on no buzz plugged it back in and buzzing noise back again
Doesn't sound like an amp issue then. Connect the rca and keep the any power cables well away from the rca and see if that helps at all.

Doesn't sound like an amp issue then. Connect the rca and keep the any power cables well away from the rca and see if that helps at all.

Tried that and same issue

Had monitor audio wireless kit sitting on top moved it away from woofer and still same buzzing

Tried that and same issue

Had monitor audio wireless kit sitting on top moved it away from woofer and still same buzzing
Are you able to connect the sub direct to the AVR via rca and bypass the wireless kit? Also try plugging the sub in to a different power socket if you can.

Are you able to connect the sub direct to the AVR via rca and bypass the wireless kit? Also try plugging the sub in to a different power socket if you can.
Unfortunately can't connect it directly as involve drilling etc thus reason for audio wireless. Was working fine until past 2 days.

Socket on wall has echo, baby monitor and audio wireless plugged into triple adapter and into socket. Other socket has kasa smart plug and woofer plugged into that so no manual turning off on on do via Alexa

Will try removing WiFi plug or even plug into extension socket.

Worth getting audio isolation transformer or try other options?

Cheers

Unfortunately can't connect it directly as involve drilling etc thus reason for audio wireless. Was working fine until past 2 days.

Socket on wall has echo, baby monitor and audio wireless plugged into triple adapter and into socket. Other socket has kasa smart plug and woofer plugged into that so no manual turning off on on do via Alexa

Will try removing WiFi plug or even plug into extension socket.

Worth getting audio isolation transformer or try other options?

Cheers
Anything new plugged in recently? Try unplugging everything else in the socket.
They usually still hum when the rca is unplugged when it's the amp, but could still be a faulty amp as mikeysthoughts said.

Anything new plugged in recently? Try unplugging everything else in the socket.
They usually still hum when the rca is unplugged when it's the amp, but could still be a faulty amp as mikeysthoughts said.
Nothing new plugged in just noticed it other night. Try tomorrow unplugging things

Still no response from bk

It may well be the amp, but worth trying a few things first, try and plug it in to a different socket tomorrow.

Think I forgot to ask, what happens if you unplug the wireless receiver from the wall but leave the rca connected to the sub?

I had the same problem with using the MA wireless kit, with a bk mono+
I believe this is due to interference being picked up by the wireless receiver. I think if you play around with the freq contour settings you may be able to filter the noise out. I did this with my mono+ by setting the FC to LFE when it clicks, and then turning it back one notch before the click so it's not on LFE. Have a play with this setting. I still had some noise using this setting but it was much reduced compared to having it set at LFE.
Now that I have moved the mono and it's connected via RCA direct to processor, it is silent.

@funkyirishman

I bought a Monolith+ in December 2019 and I have the exact same problem as you. Over the past 3 months I've been emailing/phoning BK and at one point Tom said to me on the phone he'd need to send me a new amp but that never happened and I've phoned up a few times since asking for a call back regarding the issue but got nothing. Sent them a few more emails and I got a response a few days ago but I'm back to square 1 and I havent had a reply since.

I had an XTZ 12.17 EDGE prior to the Monolith+ which I disliked for other reasons, but that subwoofer was SILENT and had no humming no matter what the XO freq/gain was set to.

I wanted to go another Mono+ for a dual sub setup if this issue got sorted, but I'm not holding my breath for a resolution from BK seems it's been 3 months already. I'll probably end up getting rid of the Mono+ and will try something from PSA.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with using the MA wireless kit, with a bk mono+
I believe this is due to interference being picked up by the wireless receiver. I think if you play around with the freq contour settings you may be able to filter the noise out. I did this with my mono+ by setting the FC to LFE when it clicks, and then turning it back one notch before the click so it's not on LFE. Have a play with this setting. I still had some noise using this setting but it was much reduced compared to having it set at LFE.
Now that I have moved the mono and it's connected via RCA direct to processor, it is silent.

Ok bit of a noobie but what is the Freq contour settings is that one of the buttons on the back as will only get a change to mess around with it later

I cant connect it directly to the receiver as not enough room only space is behind TV and more wires there from various outlets, may try over the weekend and see if I can directly connect it and fit it in behind TV, that affect sound or is it a bad place to put it as no room either side of tv

Plugged it directly into socket without wifi plug same buzzing,. Also plugged into extension lead and same issue

Yeah BK not coming back so will try to ring them but they probably ask me to connect it directly to receiver.

Not sure why it previously was working and then suddenly started buzzing?

Any other suggestions please advise

Have you unplugged the power lead for the MA receiver box? Leave the rca connected

Have you unplugged the power lead for the MA receiver box? Leave the rca connected

When I pull the power plug from MA no buzzing. Rca cable still installed. As soon as I put MA back in buzzing starts

Take a pic of your sub amp and post it here and I’ll talk you through it

Hi

See pic below. Top button broke during house move

Reply back from bk

Doesn't sound like the subwoofer, so could be a faulty lead from the MA to the subwoofer. Could be hum being sent via the transmitter to the receiver check all wiring

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom