C9 Dimming When Bright Object Comes into Frame

yodasmaster

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’m currently playing Mortal Kombat 11 in game mode on a relatively normal lit level, as soon as I move across the screen into an area of the level where the bright white sky comes into frame, the whole screen gradually darkens. Once I move the bright area out of frame the brightness returns to normal.

what’s going on here? All power save modes are off. Is this dynamic tone mapping, abl or asbl?

I tried turning logo luminescence off and that didn’t help.

thanks!

Its the ABL/ASBL. I had the same issue with mine while browing web pages on my computer. Does the tv switch into Game Mode when you play a game? That will actually disable some of the stuff on its own. I would turn off any dynamic functions, like tone mapping. Any AI fucntions, peak brightness, logo luminance, and true motion. There is also an option in the instart menu you can turn off but you need a special remote, a harmony remote or a smart phone app to access it. You can't do it with the tv and normal remote like older tvs. I managed to make mine less aggressive but I couldn't completely disable it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom