Call Of Duty 4 Remastered (includes copy of COD: Infinite Warfare)

Todays live stream.

Twitch

Raven are doing CoD4 it seems.

Watch from around the 30 min mark when they talk about it. Showing some then and now videos.

Looks great.

Just watched and I'm really, really excited for this and I'm hoping even though they release just 10 Maps, they may look at it again, see how well it's doing and release more

I'm honestly not bothered about the price, yeah I'm paying over the odds just to be able to play Cod4, but on the other hand I may just like IW and enjoy playing both them.

Can you imagine what would happen if Cod4 servers were absolutely hammered and IW was running smoother than a babies butt! They did mention in the video that fans have been pushing to play the old COD's, does this mean they must have read how crap we also think of Exo suits and all this future garbage...

Can't wait though, I'm really happy that finally we are now able to play some of our old favourites which have only been touched up

Gone for the fully loaded edition from Singapore. Can't wait to to spend a couple of evenings trying to get the Mile High Club achievement for the second time.

Will more than likely have a One by November. And as always I'll be in for the Campaign. But not much else beyond that.

At least it's guaranteed to not be any worse than the current abomination!!! :laugh:

Really tempted with this from Singapore, for £50 I can't really go wrong especially as I game share with my lad so even if I hate the main game he will play the hell out of it whilst I'm take a trip down memory lane with CoD MW. Only question is when do I jump in because when I popped my cherry with buying from foreign regions I bought $100 Singapore card for $80 as they had a sale on, just curious if there is a trend to these sales!

For crying out loud...the Halo-jumping was bad enough on Advanced Warfare and now BOps3. When will Activision learn that if I want to jump around like a blue-arsed fly, I'd buy Halo.

To have the cheek to say they will only let you play Modern Warfare remastered if you buy Infinite Warfare smacks to me of them not having too much faith in the latest COD installment. I'm f****d if I'm going to pay £80 just to get Modern Warfare. I'll wait until 3-4mths down the line when Activision reckon they've squeezed every penny out of their cash cows, sorry, I mean customers, at which point they will release MW as a standalone.

It amazes me that devs persist with the gimmick laden, space jumping nonsense when it's clear that gamers prefer the slower, less manic COD4 style.

I'm going to pay £80 just to get Modern Warfare. I'll wait until 3-4mths down the line when Activision reckon they've squeezed every penny out of their cash cows, sorry, I mean customers, at which point they will release MW as a standalone.

You don't need to pay £80, just go for the foreign purchase and it will only cost you £50 which is what I'll be doing today :)

Last edited:
For crying out loud...the Halo-jumping was bad enough on Advanced Warfare and now BOps3. When will Activision learn that if I want to jump around like a blue-arsed fly, I'd buy Halo.

To have the cheek to say they will only let you play Modern Warfare remastered if you buy Infinite Warfare smacks to me of them not having too much faith in the latest COD installment. I'm f****d if I'm going to pay £80 just to get Modern Warfare. I'll wait until 3-4mths down the line when Activision reckon they've squeezed every penny out of their cash cows, sorry, I mean customers, at which point they will release MW as a standalone.

You don't need to pay £80, just to the foreign purchase and it will only cost you £50 which is what I'll be doing today :)

I totally agree that most folk couldn't care less about the futuristic bullcrap and would like to think that Activision will be semi embarrassed on release when more people log onto the MW servers than do the IW but they'll be laughing all the way to the bank. I justify it because I'll be buying it from a foreign region and my lad gets a copy of both games as a bonus for one low price, just a shame that he may be playing MW with a bunch of randoms as not many of his friends parents will be so forthcoming with £80

It amazes me that devs persist with the gimmick laden, space jumping nonsense when it's clear that gamers prefer the slower, less manic COD4 style.

People keep paying! I suppose there is a strong percentage of people who love the space jumping exo suits, it's just the people that hate it who complain and that we hear about on forums

People keep paying! I suppose there is a strong percentage of people who love the space jumping exo suits, it's just the people that hate it who complain and that we hear about on forums
I'm not sure about that. I don't know a single person that prefers the exo stuff to the old style of gameplay. How many people do you know that prefer the newer style over the older, simpler gameplay? I'm betting none or very few.

I'm not sure about that. I don't know a single person that prefers the exo stuff to the old style of gameplay. How many people do you know that prefer the newer style over the older, simpler gameplay? I'm betting none or very few.
Why does it still sell by the bucket load then?

People surely aren't that addicted to a game where even though they don't like the gameplay elements they just go out and buy it anyway.......actually don't answer that.

Why does it still sell by the bucket load then?

People surely aren't that addicted to a game where even though they don't like the gameplay elements they just go out and buy it anyway.......actually don't answer that.

Fifa always outsold PES year after year even when an abomination of a game. That's marketing and licence power for you. COD and fifa are the biggest sellers each year. Regardless of it's perceived quality, most kids from the age of about 12 who have an Xbox or PS wants it because they think it's cool, and think they'd then be cool for playing an 18 rated game too.

Fifa always outsold PES year after year even when an abomination of a game. That's marketing and licence power for you. COD and fifa are the biggest sellers each year. Regardless of it's perceived quality, most kids from the age of about 12 who have an Xbox or PS wants it because they think it's cool, and think they'd then be cool for playing an 18 rated game too.
and people are sheep :)

Just watched that trailer. I'm sure the Campaign will be an enjoyable romp. Have personally always liked Infinity Ward campaigns from games of old, and was never a fan of Treyarch.

That said I have no need for a COD game personally. MW was brilliant but I'm not that keen for a remastered game to pay £50.

Make no mistake, they will release it standalone after this comes out. At present they are using the hype for it to boost expensive pre-orders for the new game, but they will not miss out on others who only want to buy the MW remaster, that wouldn't make business sense.

I'm sure at some point i'll grab it, either as a bundle when on sale, or standalone.

My kids were really young throughout the MW era so online gaming was pointless as they'd always need something whenever I wanted to play, so just didn't bother playing online. As a result I've never played MW MP.... that does interest me a bit and is what could sway an earlier purchase.

Mate, the earlier years with modern warfare maps were the best, I was totally addicted to playing them, which is why I stuck with COD for all those years

I started with COD 2 then worked my way through them all but since they introduced exo suits (and Ghosts) my fondness for the series has dwindled

A lot of people hated World at War but I bet you they'd love to see it return now after all this exo noncense!

Have a look at old YouTube videos of the earlier COD days and Modern warfare, Hi Rise was a massive fan favourite, it was a small map but everyone loved it, also Crash was a great map.

I think sometimes nostalgia can be what kills a game.

I'd imagine for most of us, COD4 was the first real MP game that we got into big time and lived on the game. It was so different to the usual affair of SP games and the online element with friends was superb and was what kept us playing so long.

Ever since MW2, for me, its started to die down. Don't think there are many MP games other than MMO's that i've put more time into than COD4. They're very rare. But at the same time our lives wil have moved on quite a bit from 2007 onwards. Kids, jobs etc.

Personally I don't think i'll sink anywhere near the time I used to put into it. But that won't be a bad thing. WIll keep the game fresh, just hopefully they don't ruin it by modernising it with all the current junk in the game.

Oh man, the old AVF tournies could be back soon.......THings like that were sooooo good. Jus don't happen like that anymore.

They said they're keeping all the old style in which means none of the new crap

Can't believe people are going to be paying £50 - £80 for a COD4 Remaster. Seriously Activison will be laughing all the way to the bank reading the comments on here. Yes its a Classic game and one of my favourite FPS's but we don't know what they have tinkered with it yet, will there be more paid DLC for it (more than likely).

If you want your nostalgia dose of COD4 buy a 360 and a physical copy of the game. It will be still cheaper than buying IW.

I will be paying £50 for 2 Games though.
Well actually it will cost me £12.50 a Game.

I have no issue with that.
And for me IW looks like fun, yes it's futuristic and may have Exo Suits again but hey atleast this time it will have variety in it with Space battles and Spaceships.
COD will never go back to basics but at least they are trying something different. Might be complete balls but the SP will be a laugh and then got COD4 to fall back on.

If they released basically the same game as MW but branded it differently and didn't associate with the COD name everyone would ignore it and say it was outdated....

Nostalgia plays a big part. I think the series needed to evolve, on paper I'd like the exosuit and space stuff. But in practice it took the simplicity of COD away and made it into something more akin to a (poor imo) arena shooter.

But clearly it is incredibly popular and whilst there is a core fanbase who may yearn for the older style that doesn't mean the market will all want that.

Really the only thing they need to change from mw is the matchmaking so it can change host.
Tubes and triple grenade spam was annoying but I'd rather they did not tinker with the game mechanics.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom