Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Post your Pre Orders & Deals in Here.

thought this was released on Monday, the 3rd? popped into HMV earlier (where it was £52!!!!) and it had a sticker saying released on the 4th november

thought this was released on Monday, the 3rd? popped into HMV earlier (where it was £52!!!!) and it had a sticker saying released on the 4th november

If you pre order you will get it on the 3rd with the so called day zero edition early access. If you pop into HMV etc just to pick it off the shelf you will have to wait until the 4th!!!

so no midnight pick ups from tesco then on the 3rd?

I wouldn't have thought so. The Tesco stores near me close at 5pm on Sunday due to Sunday Trading Laws, and they re-open at 8am Monday morning.

I wonder if you do a pre order with a collect at store will they let you have the game on the 3rd ?

Checked my tesco order earlier and it's showing as waiting to be dispatched. Where's the "drumming fingers" smiley on this forum? ;)

Received my pre-order from Simply Games yesterday

Mine is now on it's way to the local delivery office :smashin:

mine has been posted via tesco
but i ordered the ps4 version instead of the xbox one lol
will be going in store when it arrives to see if i can get it swapped over

Just checked my tesco order and got this, so I'll be playing "Wait on the postie" tomorrow. :p
Tesco.jpg

mine has been posted via tesco
but i ordered the ps4 version instead of the xbox one lol
will be going in store when it arrives to see if i can get it swapped over
Hi there,

I don't think you can do that, as the stores and online are two separate companies, afaik. :(
What I'd suggest you do is give tesco customer services a call and see if they can sort something out for you.

Hi there,

I don't think you can do that, as the stores and online are two separate companies, afaik. :(
What I'd suggest you do is give tesco customer services a call and see if they can sort something out for you.
i did and thats what the customer service lady said
but also said its up to the manage if he/she does

failing that she said they send a replacement and i can send the other one back

im not to fussed about getting it early although it wold have been nice

i did and thats what the customer service lady said
but also said its up to the manage if he/she does

failing that she said they send a replacement and i can send the other one back

im not to fussed about getting it early although it wold have been nice
To be honest, I don't think you're going to have too much luck at the store, as it's likely that they will have a totally different stock code for the item to the one that online has and therefore it would be a PITA to put through the tills as an exchange or refund.
If I were you, I would call CS again and place an order for the XBOne edition as soon as you can and send back the originally ordered one as soon as it arrives and hopefully, you'll only be without a game for 1-2 days, at most.

i will have to keep the original order as its only costing £17
after pre order code and bonus points so when the game arrives will give customer services a ring ;)

I've never had a problem in tescos returning games I've ordered online , I ordered destiny and it was stuck in the post office , so I went and but another from Tesco and asked if I can return the other one , at first the woman at customer services said no , but it actually says you can on your confirmation email !!

For info, You can get this and a £15 live gift card for £40 on Tesco Direct with about 5 minutes effort.

Basically offer of £5 off if bought with a gift card, and then use the first order code that's always available, for another £10 off a £50 first order spend.... you may need to create a new account with a new email for this but that takes no time.

Only negative is for some reason you cant collect from store next day like normal (game on its own you can, but not with cards) so its free delivery to your address, and says on or before Saturday...! Bit annoying as i intend to play the SP and probably trade while still worth a good value, so a delay isnt ideal, but it's still cheap. Regardless though, for anyone who wants it cheap and is ok to wait a few days it's a great deal.

My copy has just arrived. Bought it mainly to play the SP and with the intention of trading it in for Far Cry 4. However, I will give the MP once over and if its decent at all it will be a keeper!

Ok, just done the above Tesco deal for the game and £15 live credit for £40.... Rude not to and i can wait a few days as enough to get on with until then. Will still have time to blitz the SP and then try the MP / Coop before deciding if to trade it in, at which time it should still be worth at least £25 its effectively cost so cant lose.

Now the various loopholes are gradually getting closed the credit will be useful at some point also, otherwise i may not have bothered with this particular deal.

Hi there,

you was right lol

i did ring today to make sure they could do it in store
the customer service bloke rang my local tesco store to see if they had it in stock and could change it over and he told me they could

so i went down there
how this woman got a customer service job il never know
didn't want to help from the start
to cut a long story short
i came home with a refund and no game
so thats me out the window for a bit of shoot'em up tonight

on the + i have gta v pre ordered for £18 now one the xbox one

My Tesco copy failed to turn up today.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom