Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

nstokes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
They will need to add a lot more to the mix than that.

Titanfall (from the beta) will really freshen up the FPS market. Just like COD4: MW did way back when.

For too long, it has been the same game, which is a big shame.

So BF copy COD and now COD copy BF

I will let them carry on and be playing Titanfall.
COD should start from fresh, go back to WW2 and reduce Killstreaks and focus on getting the game running well rather than just adding more and more to the engine putting even more strain on it.

As another poster suggested, they should be concentrating on getting it to run properly ALL the time rather than adding non essential components to it. Each release has got steadily worse from uninspired map design to the ultimate sin of not being a consistent, smooth playing experience. Tops, I have seen 33k players on the one version which is an indicator of how many people now bother playing it compared to past iterations where there were regularly 100k + online.

In-game character model showcased from next COD game at Game Developers Conference 2014

lA8uxgI.jpg

Yeah, 3 devs making them now so games a plenty, shame as MW2 and MW3 were my faves, nothing else has been as good.

This might just be half decent the guys who were behind the original Dead Space are developing. Rumour has it this will a 3rd person COD!

Some rumored info;

Some information has leaked out of Activision regarding their biggest franchise - Call of Duty.

Our source (who wishes to remain anonymous - for obvious reasons) has given us a small bit of information regarding the upcoming Call of Duty game for 2014. The information published here will be available from Activision before E3 this year, as they have an announcement to make in May.

Read on for all the information:

- The official name of the game is Call of Duty: Patriots.

- The project name is 'BlackSmith' - Smith Black being ONE of the main characters in the game.

- The game is being developed by Sledgehammer - Who intend to do a 3-part series.

- The setting is going back to the roots of CoD and will be set in a fictional version of The Great War (World War I).

- There will be more of a 'Fantasy' element to the game - One example we have been given is the fact that one of the main characters is from a previous CoD game, but in an alternate reality.

- There will be a multiplayer mode in the game as well as a single player mode. The single player mode can be done via Co-Op. However, this can only be done online. There is no Split Screen.

- The main campaign is expected to last just 6 hours. However, there will be TWO Sub-Campaigns. We aren't sure what exactly this means.

- The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.

- The release data is currently scheduled for November 14th 2014.

So, there you have it. One bit of information our source couldn't confirm was which engine the game will be developed in - although it is certain it will not be Unreal 4.

Just remember, this information is what will be announced by Activision before E3 this year. Enjoy your early present.

Call of Duty 2014 - Announcement - Call of Duty: Patriots - News - Bubblews

WW1 am all for that hopefully back to bolt action rifles Lee Enfield and some trench warfare better equip they gas masks lol

That doesn't look like WW1 to me.

Reckon it will be different era's like they have done in the past few games. Jump from future to past to present day or something crappy like that.

Either that or they just try and copy Titanfall with a future setting.

Im sorry but what?

Weather effects? There was rain in CoD 4 (on one of the best maps as well).

Vehicle Destruction? Don't the cars and vans already blow up when you shoot/grenade them (again this from at least CoD 4).

It doesn't have giant robots you can sit in and smash other giant robots.

" players will wear exosuits to jump super high, scale buildings, and cloak themselves."

Call of Titanfall :D

Seriously though, it looks intriguing from the trailer. I have barely touched a single player COD in years. For me, it is about the multiplayer. I just hope they scale back some of the perks/killstreaks and I maybe back in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom