Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Insane that the 360 version can now be had, brand new, for just £12.85.

Call of Duty Ghosts for Xbox 360/ PS3 £12.85 @ Simplygames - Hot UK Deals

Is this a sign of where the COD franchise is right now?

I remember the COD franchise games pretty much held most of their value and it would take a while for such a significant price drop.

On camelcamelcamel the 360 price has dropped over 50% on Amazon since launch, and that is just 5 months.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) | Amazon price tracker / tracking, Amazon price history charts, Amazon price watches, Amazon price drop alerts | camelcamelcamel.com

Compare that with Black Ops 2 (August), MW3 (October), Black Ops (May), MW2 (December 1 year after launch), WaW (November 1 year after launch). It took up to a year to see anything like a 50% price drop and that was either when the new game had launched or at least close to.

The Xbox One version has not dropped too dramatically (not at Amazon anyway), so maybe it is a "Next Gen" factor. But then that could work the other way, how quickly do "next gen" games drop price, when the install base is relatively small against "last gen", and naturally you are competing against fewer games.

Ghosts is also hitting sub 80 on metacritic, which is a first (peaked at MW and MW2 with 94).

The question really is, what will the new COD game do differently, if anything? And do they need to when they are selling 20m+ games across 4 platforms (PS3/4 and 360/One). Not many games can quote those sort of numbers, only really GTA V.

According to VGChartz.com, MW3 was the best selling COD game on 360 with 14.19m sold. The Xbox One & 360 combined to date has 10.06m. I can not see it beating that figure, given time, and even across the two platforms. Ghosts is still one of the best selling 360 games though, only bettered by Halo, GTA, and it's previous incarnations. Oh, and Kinect adventures...

I really hope COD comes back some how, because it is an industry beast. Like it or loathe it, it had a huge impact on console FPS games. It was a game changer in so many ways and still is one of the few games that can hit those incredible numbers.

I am looking forward to the COD reveal, no doubt at E3 (with maybe some teasers before). I just hope I am not disappointed.

I had a go on drop zone earlier. If you like being killed over and over and over again by quickscopers, then this is the game mode for you. Half the time they don't even go for the drop zone, they spam the drop zone with 360 no scopez. Maybe it's just because it's the school holidays, but I think i'll give drop zone a miss.

I had a go on drop zone earlier. If you like being killed over and over and over again by quickscopers, then this is the game mode for you. Half the time they don't even go for the drop zone, they spam the drop zone with 360 no scopez. Maybe it's just because it's the school holidays, but I think i'll give drop zone a miss.

Hated that game mode in MW3 for that reason, Hate people who don't play to the objective.

I hate Ghosts on the Xbox One but as it's the only COD title at the moment on that console then I'm having to play it

Anyone up for some extinction tonight looking for 2 members to play already got Wally aboard say half 10 ??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom