Call of Duty Modern Warfare (XB) October 25

Do we know how the Crossplay is going to work ?

A lot of information here or you can ask me your old COD buddy ;)

Annoyed that the beta is not yet available to preload. They said it would be available from yesterday but oddly the charlie intel post with the relevant information has disappeared. Since the beta kicks off tomorrow for people who pre-ordered doesn't leave much time to download.

Yeah should have one. Hopefully it works easy enough then with Crossplay.
Will try and get on Friday night, if not then will deffo be on all night Saturday.

Cheers, can't see the COD Site at the moment. How do you add PC & PS4 players then ?

When I started the beta on PS4 I had to register an Activision account. It gives you a relevant ID, effectively was my PS4 tag plus about 8digit number or something like that, and says for crossplay you'll need that.

The hype train is flying along I see. I'm currently at the front having a jolly old time.

Gonna try and sort out my COD/Activision account later. The crossplay has really piqued my interest too.

Still no sign of the beta in the ms store. So much for early access!

Looking forward to the beta this weekend. Played the 2v2 Alpha on the ps4 a few weeks back and enjoyed that but the Xbox is my preferred platform, and will be good to see how the other modes are.

Speaking of modes, which ones are in the beta - anyone know?

From Charlie intel

Per an email Activision has been sending out, pre-loading for Xbox One and PC pre-orders will be live today at 10AM PT.

So 6pm BST ?

Looking forward to the beta this weekend. Played the 2v2 Alpha on the ps4 a few weeks back and enjoyed that but the Xbox is my preferred platform, and will be good to see how the other modes are.

Speaking of modes, which ones are in the beta - anyone know?

The modes apparently changed over the weekend. I only started Sunday night and it had headquarters, TDM and Domination on about 3 maps. Hopefully this weekend will have 2v2 and maybe something in the large scale option... Surely they'd use a beta to test that as uncharted territory for them.

Wouldn't mind a 6v6 or 10v10 mode or something of that ilk for the beta. The large scale option (32v32 I think) would be nice as well. I'm sure I read they'd tested 50v50 internally but settled on 32v32 which is plenty big enough I think.

The beta opens for everyone on Friday, so you only need a code to play tomorrow and some part of Friday I think

Wouldn't mind a 6v6 or 10v10 mode or something of that ilk for the beta. The large scale option (32v32 I think) would be nice as well. I'm sure I read they'd tested 50v50 internally but settled on 32v32 which is plenty big enough I think.

They had a mix of both 6v6 and 10v10 in the rotations.

Have you tried searching on console ?

Yup, it's not there. Checked reddit and charlie intel and others have the same problem. Disappointed considering PS4 players had nearly 2 days to preload.

Nevermind I'm sure it will appear soon.

@rowedav i know the new 32 v 32 ground war mode is making an appearance

It’s up search Modern Warfare Open Beta and it’s there (this is on the mobile app)

It’s 37gb

Last edited:
Just got my beta code and downloading now. Anyone who pre-ordered on disk should get email with link to call of duty website to get there code but you have to click on beta tab then redeem code to find there 25 digit code

I heard clan events will be making a comeback. Had great fun back in MW3 when I ran the AVF clan. Wonder if we will have the numbers to do it again.

Pre-ordered tonight and installing the beta. Does anyone know what time it kicks off tomorrow??

After enjoying MW beta I installed BO4 to try it for the first time as my son got it last year. I didn't think it would be anywhwre near as good as MW and it definitely isn't. Just feels crap by comparison. Feels poor in general, net code is awful and so is the spacial sound.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom