Call of Duty Modern Warfare (XB) October 25

Plunder/Blood Money is pretty good, but as others have said - feels like it's missing something. For me, there's no real indication of how you're doing and how long til the game ends...sometimes it's just over before you know it. I know there's the bar at the bottom left but that's not enough imo. Still, it's a decent alternative to BR.

Hi guys, not posted on here for many years. Used to play an odd game of COD with a few guys on here (many moons ago) If anyone is looking for extra squad, who plays a lot but kills a little, add me up: DAGGERDAN79

Played a fair bit of MW when it launched and really enjoyed it, but then got sidetracked into other things, cleared a fair few SP games etc and didnt play at all for about 3 months or more. Very much back into it having started again the last week or so. Had forgotten just how satisfying the gunplay and physicality of it was compared to many shooters. Most modes are good fun too.

The one thing ive not really played is Warzone. Had a couple of very quick goes and done tutorial etc, but imagine its infinitely better on comms with a squad so waiting until that can happen. Often I'll see people on but fully squaded up etc. So stick to std MP options. If people are on and want another player let me know...will just need some WZ pointers initually.

Quick question though, is there no way to bring up an inventory screen?? Is it just down on d-pad for that small scroll bar of ammo or am i missing something....??

Quick question though, is there no way to bring up an inventory screen?? Is it just down on d-pad for that small scroll bar of ammo or am i missing something....??

There is no inventory screen, only the bard to drop ammo, cash and plates for your team.

I'll look out for you on as I'm still playing Warzone an awful lot. I wouldn't play it on my own although there is now a solo's mode on it.

Just had a go of season 3 and a few maps in the mosh pit mode, can't remember the name of the maps but they were awful, perhaps because I was new to them.
Literally spawned and someone was just around the corner waiting to pounce.

The map was called Hovec sawmill and another map that seemed just as bad was Talsik Backlit.

I got to say, I am loving this iteration of COD. Really has been the best in a long time. Its taken me a while but I'm getting to grips with MP. I'm still not great, going solo so to be expected in some respects I guess.

Anyone else having issues with the update??

It took forever, which no surprise in itself, but now still shows updating in my xbox queue even though 100%.

Boot game eventually gets to menu but everything is completely stop start glitching even selecting an option, like MP, Warzobe etc... Just doesnt scroll properly. The intro clip stuttered too. Have hard reset console and still the same.

Anyone else?

My games buggered... Still says updating in queue even though 100%. This has changed from updating to "Ready to play" and back again.

Tried a game of warzone and it crashed, then another it started but the textures either didnt load in at all or barely if so.... Heres a couple of pics from the quarry.

IMG_0a1acdd3-fc47-4e40-bf99-a68ec58711b5.png

IMG_dadb25e6-d07a-4d6b-b8dd-ec752ab06daf.png

Eventually they loaded in, but then when i moved to another area same issue. Really dont want to have to uninstall the game and reinstall 170GB but thinking its screwed and may be no choice, but would like to hear if others having similar issues before i do, and thetefore if it's something their end they might sort as opposed to mine being corrupted or something.

Anyone else having issues with the update??

It took forever, which no surprise in itself, but now still shows updating in my xbox queue even though 100%.

Boot game eventually gets to menu but everything is completely stop start glitching even selecting an option, like MP, Warzobe etc... Just doesnt scroll properly. The intro clip stuttered too. Have hard reset console and still the same.

Anyone else?

I had this last week after an update (maybe the week before). Did a hard reset, and still persisted. Menus were so laggy. Normal power down and back up again seemed to resolve for me.

My games buggered... Still says updating in queue even though 100%. This has changed from updating to "Ready to play" and back again.

Tried a game of warzone and it crashed, then another it started but the textures either didnt load in at all or barely if so.... Heres a couple of pics from the quarry.

View attachment 1279266

View attachment 1279267

Eventually they loaded in, but then when i moved to another area same issue. Really dont want to have to uninstall the game and reinstall 170GB but thinking its screwed and may be no choice, but would like to hear if others having similar issues before i do, and thetefore if it's something their end they might sort as opposed to mine being corrupted or something.
Moved my game to an ssd not had a problem since .

Nothing worked. Game would Ioad and menus improved, but would still crash before any type of cut scene, like checking new operator, it tries to cut to his intro vid and crashed. Or trying to join game the texture assets not even loading into the lobby screen properly.

The update stayed in queue stating at 100% just clearly wouldn't finalise. Tried stopping it manually as 100% anyway and moving to internal but couldnt move it etc either so gave up and uninstalled and started a monster reinstall.... 🤦‍♂️.

Hoping it is done in time to get a few hours on it tonight, but its slow going compared to normal DL speeds...only done about 26GB so far in about 2hrs. Hopefully it'll speed up when doing the smaller packs as opposed to the main game install.

Watcha fellas. I'm going through the challenges for the m4a1 but as there unlocking they aren't showing how many shots are needed for the next challenge. Not a massive issue usually but I hove 3 challenges I need to do but can't actually see how far am through the previous one. Any ideas

pc players have ruined this game every other game I'm in with a pc hacker with blatant aimbot or wallhack. it's annoying that ps4 players can easy turn off crossplay and play between themselves.

xbox you can but nobody really knows how to do it and when you do it, it's hard to find games as not everyone knows the working method on how it done!

pc players have ruined this game every other game I'm in with a pc hacker with blatant aimbot or wallhack. it's annoying that ps4 players can easy turn off crossplay and play between themselves.

xbox you can but nobody really knows how to do it and when you do it, it's hard to find games as not everyone knows the working method on how it done!

Who ever said nobody knows how to turn iff crossplay?

Its clear as day in the settings.

I really like Plunder - it’s a nice change of pace to BR and you can get into some excellent shootouts - but my god it can be annoying! Big problem with people that aren’t playing the game mode...they’d much rather sit on a tower and snipe those that are, even though kills don’t count for anything in this mode!

Have been playing through the campaign again on Realism mode on and off between MP sessions. Forgot how brilliant it was. Even better without a hud. Looks incredible.

Gotta love a self revive and molotov combo to get out of a 1v2 situation. Getting into Warzone, it plays really well.

Played some games of plunder today with my daughter... Had only tried it briefly once before a while back and didnt have much of a clue what was going on, hence didnt think much of it at the time. Now i know how it all works i think its brilliant. Really good variant to the standard modes and can see myself putting plenty of time into it.

First Plunder win with my 11 year old partner in crime earlier... Had a few 2nd's also including the next match where we lost out seconds before it ended after being in first place until then. Decent mode though.

IMG_effacd43-7070-4051-91fa-158a8346348b.png

Just an FYI...an update is out for download today (v1.20). It appears as a 13gb update on the One X in the normal way.

However, if you try to play Campaign or Multiplayer after downloading the update, you're then prompted to download another update (Data Pack 1) which is another 18gb!

Just a warning for anyone...the size of these updates is crazy so set your downloads off asap if you can.

Just an FYI...an update is out for download today (v1.20). It appears as a 13gb update on the One X in the normal way.

However, if you try to play Campaign or Multiplayer after downloading the update, you're then prompted to download another update (Data Pack 1) which is another 18gb!

Just a warning for anyone...the size of these updates is crazy so set your downloads off asap if you can.

Cheers for the heads up. Will set that off when I get in from work.

I can't play multiplayer after the update , server disconnects without finding a game , anyone else got this happening

Edit , it started working about an hour later

Last edited:
I can't play multiplayer after the update , server disconnects without finding a game , anyone else got this happening

Edit , it started working about an hour later

I find every time there's an update for this game, there's a fair bit of instability for a while that seems to level out after an hour or two. I had it a couple of updates ago, very laggy menus, couldn't get into a game etc. Sorted itself out after a while. Strange...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom