Call of Duty: WWII Xbox One Discussion and playing tips

Ugh, no.

That's what Call Of Duty is and why it's so popular - tight aiming, smooth controls. It's the complete opposite of Battlefield and needs to stay that way.

Imagine huge events like Call Of Duty XP but with completely different gameplay - there'd be outrage.

Firstly they are returning back to WW2 because their sales are in decline.

Secondly, I'm not suggesting turning it into battlefield. Merely pointing out that in 2017 an arena shooter with a WW2 skin is going to flop so hard, it is unreal.

There is a balance to be struck between protecting some core gameplay and actually making a WW2 game. Just skinning COD arena shooter lite gameplay with WW2 is literally the worst thing they could do. They need a modern take on COD 2. Or at the very least a game that feels more like WW2 than it does soldiers on steroids charging round like maniacs.

We haven't seen anything yet.

I hate old wars so I'm not optimistic but I'm sure it's not just WWII waw

Looks like this is definitely happening :( Really disappointing. At least Battlefront 2 will be out so i'll be giving CoD a miss this year for the first time since CoD4 :O

I just wanted a refreshing Call Of Duty set in Modern Times. A Modern Warfare of sorts without any unrealistic garbage. Stealth missions, big set pieces. Russia, North Korea, Syria. Many different locales. Modern guns. Without all the gimmicky BS.

Alas not this year.

c9eq26bxuaan7rktvrxd.jpg

@Soundburst at least they are going the right direction again, albeit probably all the supply drop crap which earns them more $$$, which if the game was done right, wouldn't be needed :mad::mad:

COD franchise can now move forward again and away from all that space jumping crap we have all been subjected too, maybe next year or the year after your Modern Warfare will be met

Top contributor not got an xbox and doesn't want the game. Would say that was just baseline trolling but wouldn't want to be a bully.

Can't wait. Absolutely loved World At War. Veteraned the bastard and it nearly killed me.

Top contributor not got an xbox and doesn't want the game. Would say that was just baseline trolling but wouldn't want to be a bully.
Yet another post aimed at me with absolutely no intention of discussing the topic at hand. Still bullying.

Posted quite a lot in the MWR thread so feel more than justified in discussion my reaction to the latest game.

@Soundburst at least they are going the right direction again, albeit probably all the supply drop crap which earns them more $$$, which if the game was done right, wouldn't be needed :mad::mad:

COD franchise can now move forward again and away from all that space jumping crap we have all been subjected too, maybe next year or the year after your Modern Warfare will be met
I agree with the idea. I'm tired of space jumping and wall running but I wanted a proper deep modern warfare as opposed to old wars.

Looking forward to getting my hands back on a Kar98, although not sure that I'll be effective if the game is faster paced than the original times I was using it in cod

Looking forward to seeing what is revealed later. Anything like the old WAW and I'm back in.

Kiefer Sutherland better be calling in those dogs again.

I agree with the idea. I'm tired of space jumping and wall running but I wanted a proper deep modern warfare as opposed to old wars.
This is were I am at also. I was hoping for Vietnam though for a change. Think I'll give this a miss

This is were I am at also. I was hoping for Vietnam though for a change. Think I'll give this a miss

Good call.

Vietnam was done very well as BF DLC

An full on dedicated game would be amazing, stunning soundtrack too.

Ill keep 1 eye on this, looks good, great setting but.... its cod innit, something will ruin it. :rolleyes:

Nowt spectacular. But glad it's back to its roots. Will keep an eye on this thread, but just can't get that excited by COD anymore. Seems pretty quiet in here too considering.

Nowt spectacular. But glad it's back to its roots. Will keep an eye on this thread, but just can't get that excited by COD anymore. Seems pretty quiet in here too considering.
Was saying similar elsewhere. Think it will never be as good as it was, mainly because I'm not that kind of gamer anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom