Call of Duty: WWII Xbox One Discussion and playing tips

I forgot about the weapons....I love what they’ve done this year, it’s kept the game fresh in between waiting for the DLC.
Big community event starts 20th too. The blurb suggests you get rewards the more orders are completed by everyone but the blitzkrieg video mentions as you and your friends complete challenges it unlocks rewards so not sure if only people on friends list completing order counts towards you getting the unlocks.

Also rumours that black ops 4 won't have a campaign as it wasn't going to be ready in time and will either have battle royale mode or co-op type modes to make up for lack of it. I always complete the campaign before I hit the multi player so be disappointed if this is true. If it has wall running, jump boosts and exo suits will prob just give it a miss though the rumours suggest it will be similar style to current cod and if in future setting not that far into it.

Big community event starts 20th too. The blurb suggests you get rewards the more orders are completed by everyone but the blitzkrieg video mentions as you and your friends complete challenges it unlocks rewards so not sure if only people on friends list completing order counts towards you getting the unlocks.

Also rumours that black ops 4 won't have a campaign as it wasn't going to be ready in time and will either have battle royale mode or co-op type modes to make up for lack of it. I always complete the campaign before I hit the multi player so be disappointed if this is true. If it has wall running, jump boosts and exo suits will prob just give it a miss though the rumours suggest it will be similar style to current cod and if in future setting not that far into it.

WW2 is the first COD I’ve not done the campaign on...and that’s because I’m stuck[emoji849]
The new COD will be boots on the ground- I think they’ve learned their lesson. If it was done like BLOPS 3, I could live with that but advanced and infinite warfare put paid to my year round COD experiences after 3 months.

Have to agree the drip feeding of new weapons and events is also keeping me interested but I'm still struggling after last weeks patch. It seems to be a combination of the change of pace and what feels like a change in what was my go to gun the STG. I've now mixed up my divisions more and seem to be getting on better with the PPSH, Orso and M38.
My mate made it online last night, the first time after the patch and struggled all evening. he's a much better player than me so that made me feel better :)

Have to agree the drip feeding of new weapons and events is also keeping me interested but I'm still struggling after last weeks patch. It seems to be a combination of the change of pace and what feels like a change in what was my go to gun the STG. I've now mixed up my divisions more and seem to be getting on better with the PPSH, Orso and M38.
My mate made it online last night, the first time after the patch and struggled all evening. he's a much better player than me so that made me feel better :)
Like the look of couple of the new guns so will give game some proper play once I can get hold of them or start contract/challenge to get them. Hoping for some double xp too

This is the first event that I haven't been able to afford to buy the guns at the start and it feels like my depot credits are taking forever to increase. I'm gonna be in the situation where I have to choose which of the guns to buy and then hope for the others in supply drops or weapons contracts. Looks like its gonna be the burst rifle I get first as I got the 2nd most expensive collection item out of a supply drop so only need about 4k more credits to afford the other stuff. Anyone used any of these new guns yet?

This is the first event that I haven't been able to afford to buy the guns at the start and it feels like my depot credits are taking forever to increase. I'm gonna be in the situation where I have to choose which of the guns to buy and then hope for the others in supply drops or weapons contracts. Looks like its gonna be the burst rifle I get first as I got the 2nd most expensive collection item out of a supply drop so only need about 4k more credits to afford the other stuff. Anyone used any of these new guns yet?
I don't have any of them yet and have nowhere near enough credits to buy them. I would wait until the big community challenge event starts tomorrow before buying any as there is a weapon variant as a reward for that. I was expecting to be able to earn the new weapons same way I did with the volk and the orso. I got them through special contracts/orders which from memory was to complete 50 matches so wasn't too difficult just took a few nights of playing it solidly.

Yeah I was hoping the same but the special contract yesterday was for the GPMG or one of the other "older" guns. Hopefully they'll add the new guns to the special contracts when the main event starts tomorrow. The community challenge reward is a grease gun variant I think

Yeah I was hoping the same but the special contract yesterday was for the GPMG or one of the other "older" guns. Hopefully they'll add the new guns to the special contracts when the main event starts tomorrow. The community challenge reward is a grease gun variant I think
Ah didn't realise it was a grease gun for the challenge. That sucks as one of my least fav smg's :rotfl:
Lets hope some contracts appear for the new weapons then or they drop regular in the crates.

I'm sure the new guns will be added through contracts and orders relatively soon.
I was playing Domination on Valkyrie last night and kept getting shot by the same guy with a gun I didn't recognise, eventually when I shot him I picked up his gun and it was one of the new ones - the Itra and very good it was too.

I'm sure the new guns will be added through contracts and orders relatively soon.
I was playing Domination on Valkyrie last night and kept getting shot by the same guy with a gun I didn't recognise, eventually when I shot him I picked up his gun and it was one of the new ones - the Itra and very good it was too.
is that the on that fires in bursts? if so its the one I want to get. Think would suit me the best. Also see how the M2 carbine auto rifle is.

is that the on that fires in bursts? if so its the one I want to get. Think would suit me the best. Also see how the M2 carbine auto rifle is.

The itra is the burst fire.

Was playing dom on shipment last night against half a team of QSers with the new sniper rifles...they are even easier to QS someone with. Bloody annoying. The risk/reward of QSing is unfair. You can pump bullets into someone and because of the crap TTK of most guns, you lose out, close up or at distance.

The itra is the burst fire.

Was playing dom on shipment last night against half a team of QSers with the new sniper rifles...they are even easier to QS someone with. Bloody annoying. The risk/reward of QSing is unfair. You can pump bullets into someone and because of the crap TTK of most guns, you lose out, close up or at distance.
Not good to hear. I hate the quick scoping. Prob because I can't do it and just don't get on with sniper rifles :rotfl::rotfl::D:D. Don't like sitting at back of map either waiting for people to run by to snipe. prefer to move about and capture dom points or see bit of action even if means I get killed more

Yep the Itra is burst fire and I really liked it, shame I haven't got it yet.
QSing is awful and I have to say that the range of some of the shotguns is a little excessive as well.

Yep the Itra is burst fire and I really liked it, shame I haven't got it yet.
QSing is awful and I have to say that the range of some of the shotguns is a little excessive as well.
Yeah I went a spell of playing shotgun on pointe du hoc as its one shot kill and in the trenches its deadly. Its overpowered at times though and those incendiary shells are a joke too. You kill the other guy and he manages to land a shotgun shot from miles away and you burn to death.

To buy the Itra before Monday, I need to have 22k armoury points...I’ve only got 6k[emoji849]hope they do a challenge for it!

I’m as casual an online player as you can get. Have “played” all the call of duty’s but this is the first I have ever prestiged at and first time I have actually come out as top player

I do feel if they could remove the sniper rifles (the maps are not big enough to warrant the inclusion unlike battlefield) and limit the shotguns / remove the incendiary shells it would be even better

To buy the Itra before Monday, I need to have 22k armoury points...I’ve only got 6k[emoji849]hope they do a challenge for it!
Think I have about 11k so would take a while to buy it for me too. Let's hope they start adding the new weapons to the contracts today. The event goes live today so make sure you log on today once it starts as then will be eligible for all the challenge tier rewards. 75m orders/contracts to be completed to get all the rewards.

I think I can just about afford the ITRA now - I have around 15k and already have the epic uniform part of the collection and 2 other parts. I'm gonna hold off though in the hope that it comes in a supply drop eventually.

This event is on until the 8th May isn't it? That gives us 2 weeks to get hold of it.

Is there a way to download the paint jobs others have created? Only looked at briefly but it didn't seem very user friendly to create them and I don't have patience to mess about with it. Can't see option to use others only like it which seems a bit pointless. Why show the ones people have created.

I think I can just about afford the ITRA now - I have around 15k and already have the epic uniform part of the collection and 2 other parts. I'm gonna hold off though in the hope that it comes in a supply drop eventually.

This event is on until the 8th May isn't it? That gives us 2 weeks to get hold of it.
Yeah its on until 8th may which is annoying as new maps due on the 10th may I think. Never used to bother me the timed exclusive thing but it is bit annoying now when they have events all the time and PS4 has more maps to use during them.

Must admit I like the look of the maps in DLC2 so might even get it when it comes to xbox. I've been grinding shipment this week which is strange for me as I've been hardcore mode only for years but I actually find it quite enjoyable. Did the 60 Dom kills and 8 Dom captures in a single match last night.

For paintjobs I think I read you can download from friends.

For paintjobs I think I read you can download from friends.
Have seen a few comments online saying that and others saying it didn't make a difference. At least you can add people on xbox and not need them to follow back. Will try and add gamertag of person that has uploaded a paint job I like and see if it changes the options. if you can't get other ones it seems pointless having an upload option.

Last night, I looked at the collection and it said 4 days till it ends, which takes us to Monday- is this not official? I’m sure I can save up 22k.

I really want this gun...I’ve always done better with burst fire weapons on COD. I got the type 5 in a box last night...eurgh! It’s a two shot kill but close up, unless you have a very quick trigger finger, you’re done for. That makes it four semi autos...wish they’d do another shotgun as I’m bored of the combat and the others are pish.

Last night, I looked at the collection and it said 4 days till it ends, which takes us to Monday- is this not official? I’m sure I can save up 22k.

I really want this gun...I’ve always done better with burst fire weapons on COD. I got the type 5 in a box last night...eurgh! It’s a two shot kill but close up, unless you have a very quick trigger finger, you’re done for. That makes it four semi autos...wish they’d do another shotgun as I’m bored of the combat and the others are pish.
Blitzkrieg event is definitely on until 8th May so I'm sure the guns will be available until then. Agree about the guns. I tried to grind through the m1 garand and its good and powerful when you can land shots but if you miss one you are usually toast due to the slow firing speed.

There are other guns that they haven't released yet so if the collection says the ITRA is only available for 4 days then maybe they are gonna remove it from the collections to replace it with other weapons from the event. It'll still be available in supply drops until May 8th but is this weekend the only opportunity to purchase it?? I think I'm gonna have to blow that 15k to be on the safe side. Knowing my luck I'll do that and it'll turn up as a weapon bribe tomorrow :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom