Call of Duty: WWII Xbox One Discussion and playing tips

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eugh. Not for me. Hate old guns and no attachments. No lock on anti aircraft weapons etc. I only like modern shooters so this will be given a miss by me :)

Sounds perfect to me, sick of all this running on walls and robot gameplay

Not sure how much faith I'd put into that article from October, not really gained much momentum since then has it.....
More than just that site though, it was just one I picked so given the amount of sites talking about it I think it's guaranteed to be based in Vietnam. Personally I would love it

I'm sure this gets rumoured every year.

I would love for it to go back to basics and especially Vietnam......but I doubt it would come close to BFBC2 Vietnam DLC.
Would certainly be happy for them to give it a go though.

I'm sure this gets rumoured every year.

I would love for it to go back to basics and especially Vietnam......but I doubt it would come close to BFBC2 Vietnam DLC.
Would certainly be happy for them to give it a go though.
problem with Vietnam as a setting is you are very limited on map design, at least with WWII you get some variety.
Maybe as CoD has gone all futuristic, they could release a game where you get guns from all different conflicts, along with different theatres of war, time travel anyone?

problem with Vietnam as a setting is you are very limited on map design, at least with WWII you get some variety.
Maybe as CoD has gone all futuristic, they could release a game where you get guns from all different conflicts, along with different theatres of war, time travel anyone?

Lol... Time travel. I think you might be onto something tho given the gradual decline of a once great game. Maybe it is the next evolution to completely fudge it up. From definitive WW2 shooter in its day to Dr Who.... That should finally kill it off.

As for the enthusiasm for a Vietnam setting and it being "potentially awesome" as the OP suggests, well the location doesn't make the game. I don't play cod MP, but I've read and heard enough from cod die hards saying how shite the game is this year, so why would anyone think a change of setting will suddenly make things right.

Anyway, as @King Tones said, I doubt they'd get it anywhere near as good as BC2 Vietnam, and that's about 7 years old now.... Anyway a vietnam game with no vehicles, indestructible wooden shacks and piss poor MP mechanics....hmmm, no thanks.

I can't understand why they've taken COD down the futuristic path, totally spoiled the game. If it hadn't been for the Modern Warfare remastered I wouldn't have bought this years.

Lol... Time travel. I think you might be onto something tho given the gradual decline of a once great game. Maybe it is the next evolution to completely fudge it up. From definitive WW2 shooter in its day to Dr Who.... That should finally kill it off.

As for the enthusiasm for a Vietnam setting and it being "potentially awesome" as the OP suggests, well the location doesn't make the game. I don't play cod MP, but I've read and heard enough from cod die hards saying how sh*te the game is this year, so why would anyone think a change of setting will suddenly make things right.

Anyway, as @King Tones said, I doubt they'd get it anywhere near as good as BC2 Vietnam, and that's about 7 years old now.... Anyway a vietnam game with no vehicles, indestructible wooden shacks and piss poor MP mechanics....hmmm, no thanks.

Are you referring to CoD?

I'd say no vehicles is a huge bonus. Especially with regards to BFBC2. The worst thing about that game was the vehicles reigning terror down on everyone with no lock on. You'd to actually manually fire a tracking dart onto vehicles to lock on lol. Mental. So every match was just self repairing vehicles blowing everyone up... while their magic metal repaired itself (I mean.. if an indestructible wooden shed is unrealistic; what's self repairing metal and infinitely self replenishing rockets haha!).

As for gameplay mechanics... the aiming , precision, and speed of CoD is its USP. It's perfection and tight. So good in fact that BF1 essentially stole Modern Warfare 2's gameplay mechanics this year and gave everyone marathon, lightweight commando as standard. BF1 is the fastest battlefield ever (in fact I'd say you sprint around giant maps faster in BF1 than in any cod before ; and even faster if you do that frankly ridiculous spearing sprint :O). CoD's doing something right clearly; top selling game... and it's biggest competitor essentially ripping off its 'poor gameplay mechanics'.

Are you referring to CoD?

I'd say no vehicles is a huge bonus. Especially with regards to BFBC2. The worst thing about that game was the vehicles reigning terror down on everyone with no lock on. You'd to actually manually fire a tracking dart onto vehicles to lock on lol. Mental. So every match was just self repairing vehicles blowing everyone up... while their magic metal repaired itself (I mean.. if an indestructible wooden shed is unrealistic; what's self repairing metal and infinitely self replenishing rockets haha!).

As for gameplay mechanics... the aiming , precision, and speed of CoD is its USP. It's perfection and tight. So good in fact that BF1 essentially stole Modern Warfare 2's gameplay mechanics this year and gave everyone marathon, lightweight commando as standard. BF1 is the fastest battlefield ever (in fact I'd say you sprint around giant maps faster in BF1 than in any cod before ; and even faster if you do that frankly ridiculous spearing sprint :O). CoD's doing something right clearly; top selling game... and it's biggest competitor essentially ripping off its 'poor gameplay mechanics'.

I'm not going to waste time and effort debating you're bullshit beyond this post. You were banned from the PS4 forums for a good reason and unfortunately you spout crap over here now. I have no issue with any general debate on forums, it's what they're for, but your method is to effectively state rubbish as if fact, and think your opinion is all that ever matters. It's why you have a knack of annoying people.

The fact you've referred to COD's gameplay mechanics as "the aiming , precision, and speed of CoD is its USP. It's perfection and tight" says everything and clearly you have no clue whatsoever. Obviously the mass majority who've said it's crap are wrong because you must be right.... You then refer to MW2.... what the hell has that got to do with what I said about this years game anyway? I was referring to IW.

With reference to your various BF quotes you again just make yourself look more and more stupid and prove you don't know what you're talking about. The self repairing vehicles that need someone to actually repair them.... ok. Regarding you're clear need for lock on weapons, are you that crap you can't hit anything without a lock on? Never had issues taking out vehicles myself, but regardless the only point I made was a Vietnam game without vehicles would be boring by comparison. It's not right or wrong, just my opinion...others have them that can disagree with yours. Get over it.

Then in BF1 you say you can apparently run across the map faster than anything in COD...hmmm, right. Oh and apparently even faster if you use the "spearing sprint"...we'll call that the Bayonet charge for accuracy.... that would be the same bayonet charge that once done, soon after you are out of breath and can't run at all for a short time.... ok, right you are.

As for sales, which you love to quote, they don't make it a good game. Fifa was beyond shit compared to PES for years and still sold shed loads more copies due to its licensing and marketing. COD sells loads likewise but it means nothing. All the 12-15 year olds that think it's "cool" to own COD get it every year no matter what. I imagine you fall into that bracket.... If not you certainly act like it.

I'm not going to waste time and effort debating you're bullsh*t beyond this post. You were banned from the PS4 forums for a good reason and unfortunately you spout crap over here now. I have no issue with any general debate on forums, it's what they're for, but your method is to effectively state rubbish as if fact, and think your opinion is all that ever matters. It's why you have a knack of annoying people.

The fact you've referred to COD's gameplay mechanics as "the aiming , precision, and speed of CoD is its USP. It's perfection and tight" says everything and clearly you have no clue whatsoever. Obviously the mass majority who've said it's crap are wrong because you must be right.... You then refer to MW2.... what the hell has that got to do with what I said about this years game anyway? I was referring to IW.

With reference to your various BF quotes you again just make yourself look more and more stupid and prove you don't know what you're talking about. The self repairing vehicles that need someone to actually repair them.... ok. Regarding you're clear need for lock on weapons, are you that crap you can't hit anything without a lock on? Never had issues taking out vehicles myself, but regardless the only point I made was a Vietnam game without vehicles would be boring by comparison. It's not right or wrong, just my opinion...others have them that can disagree with yours. Get over it.

Then in BF1 you say you can apparently run across the map faster than anything in COD...hmmm, right. Oh and apparently even faster if you use the "spearing sprint"...we'll call that the Bayonet charge for accuracy.... that would be the same bayonet charge that once done, soon after you are out of breath and can't run at all for a short time.... ok, right you are.

As for sales, which you love to quote, they don't make it a good game. Fifa was beyond sh*t compared to PES for years and still sold shed loads more copies due to its licensing and marketing. COD sells loads likewise but it means nothing. All the 12-15 year olds that think it's "cool" to own COD get it every year no matter what. I imagine you fall into that bracket.... If not you certainly act like it.

Obviously my original post was my opinion.

If we all had to preface each post with 'My opinion follows:' it'd get a bit tedious.

Though the things I stated about BFBC2 / BF1; self healing metal (as contrary to your posts vehicles replenish their own health unless they've lost a majority of their health),and manual track darts etc, were factual though; cus they were the actual gameplay mechanics in that game. Kinda the same way you described 'indestructible shacks' as being in CoD.

I did take your Cod has 'piss poor mechanics' quote as being your opinion though and didn't feel the need to ramble on about how you state that as fact and that's why you annoy people. Clearly you've one rule for yourself and one rule for me - but whatever makes you happy.

Last edited:
Hoping for a return to what made call of duty great. I have bought one since they started going all sifi

Might queue outside of Sainsbury's again when it comes out in the morning like the old days

I wouldn't get too excited.

The meaning 'Back to its roots' to Activision is probably equally as misdefined as their idea of a 'remaster' which includes adding entirely new weapons.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the new cod be filled with OP killstreak rewards that encrouage camping in order to get them.

Activision are beyond out of touch with everyone. Isn't this the same developer responsible for MW3 and Advanced Warfare. :O

BF:V gave me my online name. I loved that game. I don't game anymore but I still keep Eltee as my ID on just about everything!

Looks like Call Of Duty is going back to WWII.

We haven't had enough old war games.
IMG_8467.JPG

Should this be merged with the Call of Duty 2017 thread?

Should this be merged with the Call of Duty 2017 thread?
Probs best getting rid of the Vietnam one with a merge.

Saying that.... the excitement for a retro old CoD is clearly off the charts with this huge buzz of activity haha!

Slow the gameplay down and change the design and this might work. But surely to God, nobody is interested in the current COD formula being slapped onto a WW2 game? Nobody in their right mind wants a WW2 arena shooter lite experience do they?

To make this work they need to radically change the game. Slower movement. Proper, accurate recoil. Larger maps with destruction and terrain deformation. Vehicles or at least some sense that WW2 wasn't 16 blokes in a field charging round protecting their K/D ratios.

If they can manage to make something that feels like a modern take on WW2 then I'd be very interested. Re-skinning current COD into WW2 would be nothing short of disastrous.

Slow the gameplay down and change the design and this might work. But surely to God, nobody is interested in the current COD formula being slapped onto a WW2 game? Nobody in their right mind wants a WW2 arena shooter lite experience do they?

To make this work they need to radically change the game. Slower movement. Proper, accurate recoil. Larger maps with destruction and terrain deformation. Vehicles or at least some sense that WW2 wasn't 16 blokes in a field charging round protecting their K/D ratios.

If they can manage to make something that feels like a modern take on WW2 then I'd be very interested. Re-skinning current COD into WW2 would be nothing short of disastrous.

So turn it in to Battlefield then ? ;)

Ugh, no.

That's what Call Of Duty is and why it's so popular - tight aiming, smooth controls. It's the complete opposite of Battlefield and needs to stay that way.

Imagine huge events like Call Of Duty XP but with completely different gameplay - there'd be outrage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom