Call of Duty: WWII Xbox One Discussion and playing tips

I've got the first 300 points as was already signed up for newsletter so the 100 just appeared in there this morning and the first 200 last night. Hoping can get the other 200 tonight for 10 MP matches as new maps are now downloaded and will play for a few hours tonight. Think there is a crate offer for 500 points just now but think it times out today

Strangely, I got the final 100 points this morn, just as I was going to buy 200 CP to get the 5 rare packages deal. I’m going to save all packages now until the 13 new guns are out. Should increase my chances of getting one!

Requisitions is nerfed. More points needed for the high score streaks..on dom, they’ve increased the points for a kill from 50 to 75. Kind of negates the higher points requirement.

The Sterling is quite a beast but that recoil, such a shame. Even with the grip and a scope it can’t be tamed.
Looking forward to some new guns.

Got the Itra last night from a contract.
What a great gun :)

Got the Itra last night from a contract.
What a great gun :)

Sometimes...depends what the connection is like whenever I use it. I hit a sniper on gustav 5 times with it and he still killed me last night!

Last played COD Modern Warfare about 6-7 years ago on my old 360. Never played it or any further releases since but was pretty much addicted to COD4 before starting a family.

How's it changed over the years then chaps with the latest instalments? Still as good, if not better than it was back then in terms of MP & Campaign? I hear this 'Player Unknown BattleGrounds' is kinda stealing the show these days? Which one?

Sometimes...depends what the connection is like whenever I use it. I hit a sniper on gustav 5 times with it and he still killed me last night!

That’s not good.
Only oddity I’ve had so far is it sometimes turns into an automatic after a while.

Last played COD Modern Warfare about 6-7 years ago on my old 360. Never played it or any further releases since but was pretty much addicted to COD4 before starting a family.

How's it changed over the years then chaps with the latest instalments? Still as good, if not better than it was back then in terms of MP & Campaign? I hear this 'Player Unknown BattleGrounds' is kinda stealing the show these days? Which one?

In terms of campaign, same type of missions. To be honest, I’ve not remembered the storyline to any since MW2.

The MP...it’s now on servers (apparently) . Lots more emphasis on loot crates and micro transactions ( if you choose). There was a movement towards “advanced movement” mechanics with the three games prior to the WW2. I hated advanced warfare and infinite warfare, and stopped playing both after 3 months. Black ops 3 also had advanced movement in it but nowhere near as much as the two I mentioned. It had some of the best maps of any COD game for me. By trying to copy some of their competitors (Titanfall), COD lost sight of what it was that made it unique amongst online shooters. However, WW2 goes some way to redress the balance as it’s “boots on the ground”, and its popularity is borne out by the big sales numbers it did. The Black Ops 4 reveal is tomorrow...I hope they continue with the WW2 approach of getting back to basics.

This one seems to have died a death recently. Good that they are still putting out content but finding it more of a slog to play anything on it now and struggling to grind any of the contracts or daily/weekly challenges. Doesn't help that most of my mates gave up playing before last map pack. Tried to play hordepoint last night and was quite enjoying it but it kept lagging and kicking everyone out game so just gave up playing the game altogether and played something else.

I've stuck with it but I am starting to lose interest.
The new maps have kept me interested for a while and the new playlists have helped but for me I'd like some new guns.

So, been playing this for just under a week on MP. Prob about 1-2 hours a night on average, which isn't long really... Rank = Sargent 2nd Class [Lvl 17]

Here is my experiences..

Newbies will not stand a snowballs chance in hell of competing in MP matches against those players who play this thing, what looks like 12 hours a day, since it's beta release. If you haven't got the latest and greatest weapons and perks attached then you're gonna struggle mightily until you grind it out for days/weeks on end to get any kind of respectable and competitive weapons.

People who have lvl 100+ either need to get a job or need their mums and dads credit card taken away from them cause they've no doubt bought their way to that kind of level status. It's not a system I agree with in gaming cause it's just another easy cash cow for the developers of these games, so I don't adhere to fast-tracking.

Due to the above, I find that on average I get between 3-9 kills a match, Nine is a very good game for me, but the kills are gradually increasing as I start to get more familiar with the maps and the areas where snipers tend to camp out. The SMG LMG is certainly starting to help in getting me more kills compared to previously unlocked weapons. Certainly notice however that those higher ranked players take a lot more shots to take down than those I give at them in 1v1's. They also appear to know exactly where I am, so must have some kind of tracking perk at their level which spots the lower ranked players more easily on the map.

I will put up with getting killed sometimes 15-25 times a match for the time being in the hope that when I eventually reach those similar levels as those hardcore 24/7 players, then skill and some tactical element may come into it a bit more and kdr etc will start to become a bit more respectful.

You're losing due to lack of experience and not because other players have bought their way to higher ranks. Some of the best guns in the game are available very early on to equip or as part of the pre-made classes. There are no perks or equipment to make higher ranked players take more bullets to kill, they're just making better use of cover, moving/strafing while firing and ensuring they are at full health before engaging in a gunfight.

It probably doesn't help that it generally seems to be playing really badly (for me at least) since the "undead" event started. So much lag and low frame-rate matches has meant I've only played once in the last fortnight.

I'm really bad at WWII, its my worst COD ever and even after the "go faster" updates it just doesn't suit my only playstyle of run n' gun, however I average around 20 kills in TDM and between 30-40 kills in DOM so I'm sure you'll get into double figures soon with a bit of practice.

Got to double figure kills [13], for the first time last night in one 'War' game - Neptune Map
Was nice to see my user ID not listed in the bottom 2 for once. Think I came in 4th or 5th in that one.. :clap: Notice that Kills & Deaths are not displayed in 'War' modes so am guessing your final board position is based on score achieved over the course of both game 1 & 2?
Oh and got a 5 kill streak too last night.. :eek: The old Kingslayer badge does feel good when it comes up :D

Really getting used to the Lee Enfield, 80% completed.
Some of these SMG & LMG guns that I end up in 1v1 fire fights with take me out in pretty much one shot compared to my SMG 44 lvl 3. Nearly unlocked the FMJ for it which should help me out in that respect hopefully.

I will grind on though.. :)

I've hardly played recently as was having terrible lag in games too so agree about the undead event causing issues.

As for grinding and getting better it's all about getting class set up that suits you and playing game mode that suits it too as well as just knowing the maps really well. I am not great by any means but find I tend to fare better on domination as I know the maps now and where people tend to go when capturing the points or defending them. Also I use mines and the class that gives you two and replenishes them over time which gets plenty of kills especially on dom as can leave them near the capture points. You also get decent score for capturing points so I actually get scorestreaks. I usually use the perk that grants scorestreaks for lower points and you get small score for picking up the bags after a kill. My problem is I like to run and gun whereas it is easier to get kills and streaks if you are more patient. I just find it boring camping about and waiting at choke points to try and get kills. Probably why I like domination as it forces people to move about map and try and get the capture points. Still get people camping in that mode and not even bothering about who is winning the match.

Tried this last night and couldn't even complete the "60 hardcore kills", "55 kills in TDM" and "50 rifle kills" challenges that I normally breeze through in 2 or 3 games. Seems everyone is compensating for the lag by sitting in corners worse than ever. I even had 2 team mates on Flak Tower who were camping our own spawn just pre-aiming at the 2 side corridors ***. How the hell are we supposed to establish any form of map control with 1 third of the team not even leaving the spawn?

Played 4 games like that, rage (bore) quit out of all 4 within 3 minutes, and then watched Newsnight which was infinitely more enjoyable.

What's with these people that run around with sniper rifles and appear to have this annoying ability to quick scope kill all the time?

Watching the kill cams it appears the moment the scope is bought up (rapidly) for aim it's unbelievably already targeted at your torso or head?

Got no chance against them in a 1 v 1 with a rifle, SMG or LMG.

Also, for the first time since playing online (2 weeks) I got kicked out of Multi-player twice after an update was applied yesterday afternoon!! <Kicked for Inactivity> just as I was planting a bomb on an artillery gun?

Anyone know what the update was for?

Anyone having any issues with this since last update and map pack? Mines keeps crashing back to home screen. Did get into multiplayer screen once and went to mail tab to get the 200 points and it went to black screen after that. Tried a few times and either doesn't load or crashes when I log in to multiplayer. Prob needs a re download which I doubt I will do as my internet is really bad and don't have the patience to re install it now. Not played it in ages and wanted to try out the new maps and new event :mad::mad:

Just started playing again for the first time since...idk, March..? and all has been fine for me.

When I last played this with a mate a couple months ago his kept crashing to dash yet mine was fine. Only difference was he was on a One X and I was on a regular One.

When I last played this with a mate a couple months ago his kept crashing to dash yet mine was fine. Only difference was he was on a One X and I was on a regular One.
Cheers. Its a one X I'm playing it on. Might copy files over to my one S and see if it works on there

Just started playing this and quite enjoying it, not too laggy and get around 8-12 kills which is not too bad (for me!) with some of the basic weapons...

Anyway, what's the deal with the Leprechaun running around....?

Do you actually get anything for blasting its' socks off :D

I just bought this £12 off Ebay, as I would never, ever pay full price for a COD game. Paying £65 for Infinite Warfare to get Modern Warfare remastered, totally ended that, plus how garbage the games are in general, since MW2. This is actually quite good compared to those stupid ones that you can jump up miles etc...

I only play multiplayer. I'm getting better and actually won a free for all the other night. I hate how there are campers at the vulnerable spawn points on some maps. I totally despise the use of the trip mines too. They are just totally lethal, used to often survive them on Modern Warfare 1. Never, ever do on this. Maybe I'll have to start using them when they are eventually unlocked. So people will think I'm a tw@t too..

Was definitely worth what I paid for it though.

Just started playing this again as number is playing Modern Warfare remastered. Exactly the same with the trip mines. Sometimes I get killed 5 times or so in free for all by these. You can't see them and they kill you 99% of times. I like to run and gun, shame this game is full of tossers.

Sorry I am one of the ****s that use the mines :rotfl:. I just find they are good for covering your back on certain routes and on domination etc good to protect the capture points. It gets streaks going too as usually good for a few kills each round. You can crouch/dive and avoid them if time it right and there are perks to combat them so don't die from one but take fair bit of damage.
agree on the spawn camping that annoys me more than running over a mine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom