Cambridge Audio CXUHD Owners thread

No - above the BDMV structure create a folder called AVCHD and then copy all the over folders into that
Thanks for the quick response. I’ve got hundreds in that format so it will be a chore.

So you are suggesting

Title/AVCHD/Everything Else.

Thanks for the quick response. I’ve got hundreds in that format so it will be a chore.

So you are suggesting

Title/AVCHD/Everything Else.

Yep, so it looks like this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 21.05.30.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 21.05.30.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 87
Looks like I’ve got a lot of work this weekend.

Give it a try with one to make sure - I seem to recall reading it was only required for UHD discs. I don't have any standard BR in that format to test with

Standard backups from makemkv are not working whether UHD or BD.

I think this should make it work - definitely does for UHD as every one I have in that format is fine

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 21.11.25.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 21.11.25.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 89
Just tried the new AVCD structure on the Doctro Who UHD and it worked. Also played with menus on my Zappiti player.

Only problem is I have TV shows backed up in a similar format and under Nikita, for one example, thirteen discs are backed up under the same folder. So I'd have to setup thirteen new directories o_O

Excellent(ish)!

Excellent(ish)!
Yes it will be three hours work to identify and reorder my backups. Wish it would just play the BDMV structure without intervention. Zappiti does.

Yes it will be three hours work to identify and reorder my backups. Wish it would just play the BDMV structure without intervention. Zappiti does.

Worth it though, as it plays Dolby Vision that way

Worth it though, as it plays Dolby Vision that way
Agreed. I bought it mainly for DV and HDR10+ support which the Zap player wont do.

I tried an MKV rip of Alien last night and worked fine in HDR10+.

I have an issue. My cxuhd has played both region 1 and region 2 dvd’s With no problem, then suddenly it won’t play region 2. Even though it played the same discs last week. Any ideas from anyone would help.

Just checked - mine is playing both regions fine.

Have you tried a reset?

I’ve tried everything. Reset, unplug, different region 2 discs, re-install new firmware, etc.. I’ve written to CA and am awaiting reply. I’ve only had it a year and am disappointed it has gone wrong :(

I’ve tried everything. Reset, unplug, different region 2 discs, re-install new firmware, etc.. I’ve written to CA and am awaiting reply. I’ve only had it a year and am disappointed it has gone wrong :(

Sorry to hear that man, hope you get it sorted.

I was going to flog mine, and get something like the new Panasonic 820, but the trick to get DV rips playing has been a game changer for me

Sorry to hear that man, hope you get it sorted.

I was going to flog mine, and get something like the new Panasonic 820, but the trick to get DV rips playing has been a game changer for me

Joe,

If you value superior build quality and overall aesthetics, you won't be able to stand the Panny 820 -- I had one for a day before I returned it to a local retailer (Best Buy here in the States) because it literally feels like it's going to break in your hand when you take it out of the box. Terrible plastic build quality in a chassis that's half the size of standard components, thus it comes off feeling like a toy. Add to that the top-mounted eject and power controls that make the chassis flex every time you press them, and you have a joke of a player for the asking $500 (U.S.) price for this thing.

It also offers NO zoom features of any kind, so if you watch anything other than 1080p Blu-rays or UHD Blu-rays and need to fix issues like non-anamorphic DVD playback, you're out of luck.

For $500 U.S., Panasonic needs to fix that player and make it a bit more in line with its 9000...perhaps just give it a real aluminum faceplate and full-size chassis to start.

Joe,

If you value superior build quality and overall aesthetics, you won't be able to stand the Panny 820 -- I had one for a day before I returned it to a local retailer (Best Buy here in the States) because it literally feels like it's going to break in your hand when you take it out of the box. Terrible plastic build quality in a chassis that's half the size of standard components, thus it comes off feeling like a toy. Add to that the top-mounted eject and power controls that make the chassis flex every time you press them, and you have a joke of a player for the asking $500 (U.S.) price for this thing.

It also offers NO zoom features of any kind, so if you watch anything other than 1080p Blu-rays or UHD Blu-rays and need to fix issues like non-anamorphic DVD playback, you're out of luck.

For $500 U.S., Panasonic needs to fix that player and make it a bit more in line with its 9000...perhaps just give it a real aluminum faceplate and full-size chassis to start.

Thanks - justifies my decision to stick with it. It really is a great player

Hi CXUHD owners :hiya:
How is this machine for music playback from a hard drive via usb ?

I have my music collection stored on my Mac Mini, all ripped with Apple lossless & I’d like a new playback device that works well for this purpose without having to have a tv on but can also play mkv’s & discs.

Hi CXUHD owners :hiya:
How is this machine for music playback from a hard drive via usb ?

I have my music collection stored on my Mac Mini, all ripped with Apple lossless & I’d like a new playback device that works well for this purpose without having to have a tv on but can also play mkv’s & discs.
If the TV is off are you planning on using the front display to navigate? There is no app.

If like me you are seriously a member of the TV off clan, then perhaps might be better to use a DLNA server such as Serviio and an app such as mconnectHD rather than plugging drives into the player.

Aside from that I haven't had an issue with any mkv or blue rip over the network so far in a month and that was 80% of the reason for getting this player.

Thanks mtenga,
It just would have been a little bonus really, I currently run my Mac directly into my Lyngdorf with optical & use audivarna, I just sometimes struggle to get the audivarna app to connect to the Mac.

I’ve bitten the bullet & stumped up the £££ for the CXUHD so looking forward to revisiting my MKV movie collection, it is a very nice looking piece of kit, I’ve just got to sneak it into my system without Mrs Shep noticing ;) :thumbsup:

Doesn’t seem to like MKV’s with DTS X - no audio, and then stops audio on any other MKV’s too, so have to reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Doesn’t seem to like MKV’s with DTS X - no audio, and then stops audio on any other MKV’s too, so have to reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Can you name a few examples and I’ll check.

Can you name a few examples and I’ll check.

Off the top of my head, Atomic Blonde, Fast & Furious 4 and 5 definitely give me this issue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom