Question Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 true wireless buds, anyone got them?

Has anyone else had problems with the microphone? I am on video calls on my Mac and people can barely hear my voice. Is there anything that can be done?

I'm looking at a pair of these as a birthday present, or the Sony M3's. Does anyone know how many, and which type of buds these ship with now. I believe they only came with one set when they were launched, but are now shipped with several pairs. Thanks:thumbsup:

I'm looking at a pair of these as a birthday present, or the Sony M3's. Does anyone know how many, and which type of buds these ship with now. I believe they only came with one set when they were launched, but are now shipped with several pairs. Thanks:thumbsup:

I bought mine recently. It came with three different size silicon tips and one pair of medium foam tips.

In the end after trial and error over the last few weeks I've settled on the Cambridge Audio large foam tips as my favourite, with Comply T600 medium as a runner up.

I bought mine recently. It came with three different size silicon tips and one pair of medium foam tips.

In the end after trial and error over the last few weeks I've settled on the Cambridge Audio large foam tips as my favourite, with Comply T600 medium as a runner up.
Out of interest do you have the Comply Sport, Isolation or Comfort tips? I've been told Comfort don't fit in the case but the large Isolation do. The Comply site says the Comfort medium are smaller than the Isolation large though.

Out of interest do you have the Comply Sport, Isolation or Comfort tips? I've been told Comfort don't fit in the case but the large Isolation do. The Comply site says the Comfort medium are smaller than the Isolation large though.

No. The only Comply tips I found in stock were regular T600. My ears tend to narrow these a little at the tip which negatively affects sound - removing some highs. Which is why I now prefer the official large foam tips, which don't do this.

No. The only Comply tips I found in stock were regular T600. My ears tend to narrow these a little at the tip which negatively affects sound - removing some highs. Which is why I now prefer the official large foam tips, which don't do this.
Strange, when I search the comply site for Melomania they only show up Sport, Isolation and Comfort in size T600. What are the regular ones called? I can't find them listed on comply or Amazon. T600 is just the size, the model is Sport, Isolation or Comfort I believe. It is a bit confusing though.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yeah, bit pricey but very comfortable compared to silicone and the CA foam which is a lot harder.
My birthday is next week so have to decide whether to pull the trigger on these, or the Sonys'. I think with these you have to accept a bit o f fiddling about to get the fit right, but probably worth the effort. However one of the earlier post on this thread rated the Sonys' over these CA's.

I've not heard the Sony but once I got the right fit these sound great. Think these are quite a bit cheaper than the Sony too. They're also smaller.

I've not heard the Sony but once I got the right fit these sound great. Think these are quite a bit cheaper than the Sony too. They're also smaller.
Have to say I've favoured these all along, it was just that comment that sewed the seeds of doubt:facepalm: I think I will go for these though, as the extended battery life and their smaller size make them prefferable over the Sonys. Also as you have pointed out they are quite a bit cheaper. Decision made! Thanks for your input:thumbsup:

No problem, yes the battery life is pretty good, the case charges them a few times and is really compact.

I think for the money they are the best tech I have bought in ages -the only minus for me is having to update the firmware using Android but I am sure that will change soonish.

Best tech thing I've bought in a long time. And my most used item in lockdown. Brilliant little things.

Ordered today, arriving 28th (Day before my B'day) :clap:

Well mine have just turned up and my initial thoughts are I'm very impressed. My previous and only other wireless earbuds were just generic Chinese ones, and while they have proved pretty reliable for podcast listening while walking the dog, they were never much good for music. These however are in a different league. The huge sound stage generated by these tiny ear buds is extraordinary. I also like the very neat charging case, and the fact that they turn on as soon as you remove them from the case.
Are far as fit, the medium foam buds seem to be the best for me, or maybe the large silicon ones, but I'm yet to try them.
Looks like the dog may have to get used to some longer walks over the coming days. ;)

Just took the plunge on a set of these. Only BT phones I have are a pair of cheap semi wired Anker sound buds, which I actually like apart from the very thin and annoying cable, hoping for a significant upgrade. Didn’t really want to go to this price level but had total indecision due the insane number of very similar looking budget pairs available.

These stood out for the design, plus I like the brand as I have one of their subs and use the Minx as surround top speakers, so hopeful for these. Only concern is I have massive cave like ears, but I will try the standard tips first and see how I go.

Mine came earlier in the week and although initially I thought the medium foam buds supplied we're fine for me. I now think that maybe the large foam would be better. I must have similarly cavernous lugs to you😆

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom