Question Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 true wireless buds, anyone got them?

I find Cambridge Audio's own large foam tips are better than the Comply T600. The problem with the Comply tips is they are a little too long past the nozzle and that means they can squeeze closed killing the treble.

Glad I ordered some of the larger CA tips, but they really should at least include one pair with the earphones. Just putting one set of medium foam tips in the package is poor.

I find Cambridge Audio's own large foam tips are better than the Comply T600. The problem with the Comply tips is they are a little too long past the nozzle and that means they can squeeze closed killing the treble.

Glad I ordered some of the larger CA tips, but they really should at least include one pair with the earphones. Just putting one set of medium foam tips in the package is poor.
Hi, are these available direct from CA? Thanks

Yes, email them. They're request only for some reason. They're harder than the comply and I find them to come loose a lot easier but some people prefer them and they're free.

Just got em, crikey, these are a bit good!

First impression of quality is very good, they look and feel really well made, and a very pleasing package. Charging case is really tiny, and microUSB no issue for me as I every other device I have uses that or lightning.

Big tips needed, but at least huge ears means they don’t stick out. The silicone are alright, but prefer the feel of the foam tips, so think I will order a pack of large. Really comfy fit for me, easy to forget they are in immediately.

Bass isn’t huge, but not absent, actually very balanced, and super clear detailed sound with no sibilance to the top end. Now I’m not a headphone expert, or audiophile at all really, but these might the best sounding headphones I ever had.

Mmmm, free one's from CA or £15 from Amazon?🤔

Think I'll try CA first off:thumbsup: cheers!

Boom, that’s it - large foam tips. Perfect fit for me, much better isolation and bass. Really nice sound. Very pleased with these, can’t stop listening to them.

Nice one, had confirmation from CA yesterday that my large foam buds are on in the post, so looking forward to them turning up. I've decided that if you have rather large ear canals you end up pushing the medium bud in too far, which results in better seal but its almost too close to your ear drum to get the optimum sound. I think the larger bud allows you to get the right seal, but just further out from your ear in a position which the earphones were designed to perform at their best. Well thats my theory anyway:D

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Quick question, what are returns like with these?
I'm very tempted to get a set for when I'm out on the bike but not sure if they'll fit ok as I have very narrow ear canals so struggle with in ears & if they don't work out I want to know they can be returned ok
I previously tried some in ears from HMV but couldn't get them to fit snug & HMV would not take them back because of sanitary reasons if it's the same with these I'll not worry (I'll probably get them from Richer Sounds if that helps)

Thanks

Neil

Hi guys,

Quick question, what are returns like with these?
I'm very tempted to get a set for when I'm out on the bike but not sure if they'll fit ok as I have very narrow ear canals so struggle with in ears & if they don't work out I want to know they can be returned ok
I previously tried some in ears from HMV but couldn't get them to fit snug & HMV would not take them back because of sanitary reasons if it's the same with these I'll not worry (I'll probably get them from Richer Sounds if that helps)

Thanks

Neil
i think no returns for the same reason.

Hi. You can't even try them out / on for the same reason.

i think no returns for the same reason.

Thanks buddy, I assumed the same but just wanted to check & will probably not worry then, nothing worse than spending out & not being able to return them

Thanks again

Neil

I got mine from Amazon at the end of May and there is a return option associated with the order which I've just clicked on and there's nothing so say they can't be returned for what ever reason.

I got mine from Amazon at the end of May and there is a return option associated with the order which I've just clicked on and there's nothing so say they can't be returned for what ever reason.

Interesting
Might have a look

Thanks for the info

Neil

I've bought, sampled and returned IEM's to Amazon with no problems.
I bought and kept my Melomania's.

Has anyone experienced drop outs?
I'm on the latest firmware paired to a Galaxy 8+.
Sometimes they are perfect but other times completely unuseable with drops in audio every second making them sound like a poor signal DAB station.
Occasionally they only do it for a few seconds of first use then they are fine for the rest of the listening session.
I've tried pairing and unpairing multiple time with no improvement.
When they work they sound great but at the moment they are useless.
Anything I'm not doing before I take it up with CA support?

I've only had dropouts when I've done things that might block the signal. Such as put my hands up near my head - which breaks the signal between the two sides.

i have these and my partner has galaxy + , the app on the galaxy (10+) is good and the charging works from the phone, the the CA sound better all round to me

I've only had dropouts when I've done things that might block the signal. Such as put my hands up near my head - which breaks the signal between the two sides.
Nothing like that I can think of, phone either in the back pocket or jacket chest pocket. Makes no difference which.
I did wonder if it was from turning my head around too much (don't laugh) but it makes no difference whatever I do.

Nothing like that I can think of, phone either in the back pocket or jacket chest pocket. Makes no difference which.
I did wonder if it was from turning my head around too much (don't laugh) but it makes no difference whatever I do.

The only time I got dropouts was when out walking.

Apparently it’s the way water travels through your body interfering with Bluetooth. Sounds crackers but true in my experience.

The fix is to have your phone on the same side of your person as the

earphone with the connection, in my case the right earphone.

I now always have my phone in the right pocket of jeans or coat.

Never had a single dropout since.

Correlation is not causation

Correlation is not causation

Did anyone say it is?

Cambridge obviously thinks the theory is pertinent enough to include in their troubleshooting guide.

In my case, it was a 100% success.

AVF disclaimer...Other Cambridge users YMMV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom