Question Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 true wireless buds, anyone got them?

It could also have been caused by any metal parts in your jacket, zip, buckles, metal buttons?
Except it wasn’t.

I still walk around with the same metal parts in my jacket, zip, buckles, metal buttons, cash, keys etc. No dropouts now.

Try ‘Bluetooth dropouts water in the body’ into google. Page after page. Not just Cambridge who mention it.

Well following a reset and re-pairing them ( again ) so far today they have been working without issue!
Hopefully they shall remain this way. Now I just need to find some tips that fit my ear better, the original CA foam ones sound great and are comfy but after walking about for half an hour they work loose and fall out.

Well following a reset and re-pairing them ( again ) so far today they have been working without issue!
Hopefully they shall remain this way. Now I just need to find some tips that fit my ear better, the original CA foam ones sound great and are comfy but after walking about for half an hour they work loose and fall out.

I had an issue where there was some losing of the second earphone rather than the primary. And I think it's my phone rather than any problem with the earphones. This behaviour manifests when the headset/aptx notification is missing on my phone - and this happens when my phone has been on for several days without a reboot. I don't know why my phone does this but there are other issues with it when it does this and a reboot fixes all. So I know it's not my C1s.

Hi there,, had these for about 6 months, good for what they are, only time i get an issue is when I get off the train at Glasgow Central and walk from the train to the exit, sound drops out, everywhere else they are fine.

I bought a pair of these as I wanted some nice wireless ear/headphones for walking and traveling. I wanted an improvement over my cheap Beyerdynamic fold-up wired 'phones.

The CAs get universal praise in both reviews and forums. They are purportedly much nicer-sounding than the AirPods, and considering I thought the AirPods were fairly decent when I heard them, I was genuinely excited.

So imagine my disappointment when they turned up, I fired them up, and they sounded like absolute garbage.

My immediate thoughts were "where's the bass?", and "why is the midrange so painfully prolific?".

Much fiddling ensued, including trying all the included tips, and ordering a set of the large memory foam tips. These larger tips made a small difference to the bass response, but they still sound like utter crap, so they're going back.

I don't understand the praise. They seem to fit fine, which is more than I can say for most earphones that I have tried over the years, but I don't recall being overly impressed with any that I have owned in the past, including Shure and Etymotic models. They are comfortable to wear, and the soundstage is nice. But they genuinely sound lo-fi. They do not sound good with any genres of music that I have tried. I can't even turn them up to enjoyable listening levels without vocals being so ear-piercing.

So I think this settles it; I am expecting too much from earphones. After further deliberation on headphones, A set of Sennheiser PXC550-IIs are on their way. If they're crap, then I give up. I'm selling all my audio equipment and never listening to music ever again.

My pulsing lights NEVER go out in case but they seem to be fully charged.

is this a problem? Instructions say they should go out when fully charged but mine don’t.......

My pulsing lights NEVER go out in case but they seem to be fully charged.

is this a problem? Instructions say they should go out when fully charged but mine don’t.......

I've asked about this before. I believe the behaviour must have been changed at some point.

You're seeing normal behaviour. I think they're now a bit like a fridge, the lights go out when your shut the lid, but you'll not be able to see.

I've asked about this before. I believe the behaviour must have been changed at some point.

You're seeing normal behaviour. I think they're now a bit like a fridge, the lights go out when your shut the lid, but you'll not be able to see.
Thanks Grumpy,
Before I found this site I wrote to Cambridge and they just responded that lights on buds should go out when fully charged. They offered to replace mine, but since everything else seems to work just fine and you have no problems with yours maybe I’ll just keep them. Love everything about them!

Thanks Grumpy,
Before I found this site I wrote to Cambridge and they just responded that lights on buds should go out when fully charged. They offered to replace mine, but since everything else seems to work just fine and you have no problems with yours maybe I’ll just keep them. Love everything about them!

Mine the same, always pulse the lights when the case is opened, I just assumed that was normal, but then I never read the instructions! No problems at all with mine, so I wouldn't worry.

Thanks Grumpy,

I think they do go out. It's just that the buds switch back on when you open the case. If they are fully charged you'll notice a split second when opening the case before they start pulsing.

And if you wait a little while - 10-20 seconds - without removing them from the case the lights go out again.

Mine have just arrived 😀

I'm literally on my second song so it's very early days but wow I like these.

It would seem the packaging has been updated at some point. They now come in an almost entirely cardboard slab and pleasingly come with a much wider selection of tips, 6 pairs of silicone tips and 2 pairs of foam ones

It would seem CA do listen to feedback.

i've been looking for a new pair of headphones/earphones/buds for a while. I had some Sound Magic E10 (wired) for ages and they were cracking for the money - but the left ear bud eventually failed and snapped/fell off after several years.

Now that my new iphone doesn't have a standard headphone jack i either buy wired again and then get an adapter, or go for some wireless ones, and from the reviews I have read online these always come up favorably. The 9 hour playback is impressive to.

A little more than i wanted to spend (wanted to stick to around circa £50-60), but i will give this thread a proper read to get some real world thoughts and opinions on them.

I bought a pair of these as I wanted some nice wireless ear/headphones for walking and traveling. I wanted an improvement over my cheap Beyerdynamic fold-up wired 'phones.

The CAs get universal praise in both reviews and forums. They are purportedly much nicer-sounding than the AirPods, and considering I thought the AirPods were fairly decent when I heard them, I was genuinely excited.

So imagine my disappointment when they turned up, I fired them up, and they sounded like absolute garbage.

My immediate thoughts were "where's the bass?", and "why is the midrange so painfully prolific?".

Much fiddling ensued, including trying all the included tips, and ordering a set of the large memory foam tips. These larger tips made a small difference to the bass response, but they still sound like utter crap, so they're going back.

I don't understand the praise. They seem to fit fine, which is more than I can say for most earphones that I have tried over the years, but I don't recall being overly impressed with any that I have owned in the past, including Shure and Etymotic models. They are comfortable to wear, and the soundstage is nice. But they genuinely sound lo-fi. They do not sound good with any genres of music that I have tried. I can't even turn them up to enjoyable listening levels without vocals being so ear-piercing.

So I think this settles it; I am expecting too much from earphones. After further deliberation on headphones, A set of Sennheiser PXC550-IIs are on their way. If they're crap, then I give up. I'm selling all my audio equipment and never listening to music ever again.

this is an interesting view point - i am a bit of a bass head and do love a nice bass line from time to time. if these don't give much in the bass department then i may need to look elsewhere...

this is an interesting view point - i am a bit of a bass head and do love a nice bass line from time to time. if these don't give much in the bass department then i may need to look elsewhere...
I find they are slightly over bassy when sealed in the ear properly, I've had the sound magic e10's before, and like you say they are great for the price, but the Cambridge audio are easily better sounding

Another ex SM E10 owner here, although I didn't have them long before I lost them and it was a whole ago.

The melomanias are easily the best sounding earphones I've ever owned. Much better than my old e10s and much better than any bottom-mid end Sennheisser I've owned.

it would appear Cambridge Audio offer a 100 day return/refund if you buy direct with them - so i might order a pair, see how they are (the fit and the bass) and if not happy on either then send them back and look for something else.

I took the plunge and bought a pair and have to say I am impressed, significantly better than my existing Pamu earbuds. Sound quality is great but don’t know about comfort yet, it’s early days. In terms of fit, only the large foam tips work for me, all the others supplied are redundant. Interesting comments about base levels on here. i think base is very strong, in fact for some tracks I might even call it excessive, but never uncomfortabl.

I think the comments on bass just highlight how important getting the fit and seal right is.

I think the comments on bass just highlight how important getting the fit and seal right is.

True. When properly sealed they are the darkest and most bass heavy in-ears I own.

I wish CA would do a MK2 with a different design that allows the use of a more wide selection of third-party tips. Charging through the nozzle is clever, but really limits tip options.

Now down to £79.95 on Amazon, does the recent discounting mean an updated version is coming?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom