Campfire Audio Io In Ear Earphone Review & Comments

Excellent review :)

Andromeda is still my favourite Campfire model.

Excellent review :)

Andromeda is still my favourite Campfire model.

I agree, I wasnt such a fan of the IO as i feel there are better iems in this price point but andromeda are one of, if not the best iem in their price range.

@Ed Selley It would be great if you could reach out to CA and review some of their more expensive offerings.

In addition, some eastern companies such as fiio, moondrop, ikko and Tin have a selection of very good sub £500 iems that imo, make the more mainstream manufacturers not so desirable.

Last edited:
Please review the new FiO flagship IEM’s. Maybe compare against Andromeda, Campfire and Sony Z1R - IEMS’s.

There will be a further Campfire Audio review in fairly short order. Under embargo at the moment.

Been a big fan of this brand for just over a year now, currently on my third set (the Andromeda). The Polaris is a fun IEM being a hybrid BA/Dynamic driver units with quite a deep bass. These I feel are way ahead of the Noble Sage IEM's at a similar price. The brand is finally now starting to get a foothold in the UK so happy days. Look forward to Ed's review on the Polaris, would be interesting to see how they compare.
Seals play a big part on these headphones, I ended up getting some custom-fit tips for these from Snugs which definitely help the seal and protect the casing, some of their finishes are very fragile.

Been a big fan of this brand for just over a year now, currently on my third set (the Andromeda). The Polaris is a fun IEM being a hybrid BA/Dynamic driver units with quite a deep bass. These I feel are way ahead of the Noble Sage IEM's at a similar price. The brand is finally now starting to get a foothold in the UK so happy days. Look forward to Ed's review on the Polaris, would be interesting to see how they compare.
Seals play a big part on these headphones, I ended up getting some custom-fit tips for these from Snugs which definitely help the seal and protect the casing, some of their finishes are very fragile.

Agree. I've had (and love) a set of Shure SE846's for about 3 year and superb since coupling with Westone Startip silicone (only like silicone for fit & durability).

Then got a set of Noble K10U recently and of course the Westone don't fit as cone much wider so ended up importing some Spiral Dot silicone before I was happy with them.

Keep being tempted with Andromeda but not tried yet, won't be trying these as colour really not for me and too many negative views on Head-fi.

Agree. I've had (and love) a set of Shure SE846's for about 3 year and superb since coupling with Westone Startip silicone (only like silicone for fit & durability).

Then got a set of Noble K10U recently and of course the Westone don't fit as cone much wider so ended up importing some Spiral Dot silicone before I was happy with them.

Keep being tempted with Andromeda but not tried yet, won't be trying these as colour really not for me and too many negative views on Head-fi.

I concur with the reviews on headfi, I dont think these are good value for money.

I personally went from se846’s to Andromeda’s and was a worthwhile upgrade for me. I really feel like they are a pretty special iem.

I concur with the reviews on headfi, I dont think these are good value for money.

I personally went from SE846’s to Andromeda’s and was a worthwhile upgrade for me. I really feel like they are a pretty special iem.

I just had to try a set of K10U when I could get a set at a great used price (£470) and though they are an improvement on the SE846 I still prefer the Shure's for size/fit/durability with only slightly lower SQ.

Will likely try Andromeda at some point.

IMPO very good and accurate review. I have a pair for sale in classifieds - they do scale with CA / ALO Reference 8 balanced cable.

That case, reminds me if my mums coin purse.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom