Can I connect 2 x Virgin V6 boxes

MarkRJ1971

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, and sorry if this has been asked before. Engineer comes and demonstrates how I can watch a programme recorded on one box from the second V6 box. Naturally, weeks later this no longer works. I can connect to and see the shows on the other V6, but it throws an error when I try to watch them. I assume it’s a signal strength issue as they’re on opposite sides of the house.

Question - can I connect the 2 via Ethernet, or is there a better method to strengthen the signal, or solve the problem? Thank you!

Have you tried pulling the power to the two boxes for a few mins then rebooting?

Use a wired ethernet connection from both STB's to your router. This should provide for a more stable connection between the 2 bowes via your wired local area network.

I solved my problem - I have a wifi mesh system just installed and 2 of my boxes are connected to the wifi through that - my main box was still connected via ethernet directly into the modem - once I disconnected the ethernet cable and connected it to the wifi mesh system also, all 3 boxes were in communication with each other again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom