Question Can't Cast… But not giving up.

Hllywd01

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Sony Bravia X800G TV with built-in Chromecast. I can NOT get my videos from my PC to cast to my TV. It worked once in the last two weeks and once and a blue moon it will have the name of my TV, but won't connect. I may have changed some settings on my TV that's not allowing me to cast. I have upgraded my internet connection, the TV is connected to WiFi, it's listed under "devices."

Could someone PLEASE tell me what ALL my TV settings should be set at?

Am I supposed to have an app download on my TV or PC? I don't know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks,
Scott

I had a similar issue with an nvidia shield which has chrome cast built in, it turned out to be that there was an update to the chromecast that needed installing, may be the same for you I’d have a look in the play store on your tv for any updates, hopefully it could be the same issue.

Could also be worthwhile reviewing your router settings. The issue may not be with the TV.

I stubble upon to change my PC settings. Something that NO ONE tells you to do for Windows 10. Now it works like a charm. "How to Play Movies From PC to TV Using Wireless"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom