Can't get Atmos to work when it used to work!!

Dazza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the error "Check your audio receiver" 0x80bd0009

I have an Xbox One connected to a Sony DNR1080 with a 5.1.2 setup

I've been enjoying 4k and Atmos for a while whilst playing RDR 2 and playing UHD discs, but i noticed the audio had gone to Stereo uncompressed one day and ever since it will not let me change the audio back to Atmos via HDMI

Its doing my nut in! I haven't changed anything!

I'm able to select DTS but that's it

Apparently there’s a bug with the Xbox firmware which messes up the display on your amp when playing atmos. Only hope is ask bill gates to update it to sort it. Mine does the same thing and I have a denon avr.

I've sorted it! Its the HDMI cable.
I bought what i thought to be a quality HDMI cable. No they're not all the same!
I thought i was resolving an issue when watching The Witcher on Netflix via ATV which turns out to be a specific issue when watching UHD/Atmos content via Netflix.
Anyway i thought this new cable might do the trick. Unfortunately it didn't.

My Xbox One would not allow me to select Atmos via HDMI and kept returning the error i originally mentioned. I then tried the same cable via ATV and now this time, in the audio settings the Atmos option didn't appear.

I've tried another HDMI cable connecting the XBox and this now allowed me to select Atmos via HDMI without returning any error and the same cable provided the Atmos option on my ATV.

So in summary not all HDMI cables are the same. The ultimate test being when you're trying to pass 4k content with an Atmos soundtrack.

That’s a funny one then as I asked the question here and was told it was an Xbox bug. I’ll have to get some new cables. What did you use?

That’s a funny one then as I asked the question here and was told it was an Xbox bug. I’ll have to get some new cables. What did you use?
I bought the cable from Amazon HDMI Cable

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Atmos not working for me now either. It’s not my cable because it worked before, there was an update (I believe) and now it doesn’t work..:facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom