Cant get Auto Dolby Vision Picture Mode on Netflix

nontechmike

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Sony KD55AG9 used to automatically change picture mode to Dolby Vision (Bright) when I watch a Dolby Vision encoded programme. But now when I watch a Dolby Vision programme on Netflix via the TV App, I get the Netflix calibration Picture Mode being automatically applied. Used to only get this for Netflix HD/4k/UHD programmes. I guess I must have changed a setting somewhere but can't find it. Anyone got any ideas on what Ive done wrong?

I discovered that if I go into picture options and manually turn off Netflix Calibration mode then the picture mode falls back to Dolby Vision if its a Dolby coded programme or my Default picture mode if not. I guess this makes sense - its just that I thought originally DolbyVision took priority over Netflix Calibration (without the need to turn of Netflix calibration mode).

If I watch Netflix via the SkyQ Box App then Netflix calibration mode is not applied.

How do your Sony OLEDs handle Netflix from the TV App and Netflix from the SkyQ App?

PS. Does any one have a list of all the default picture settings on the AG9 for Standard, Vivid, Movie, Dolby Dark, Dolby Bright and Netflix calibration Modes?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom