can't get clear highs with Sony strda-1200es

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi at the moment I have treble at +10 and base at -10 with speakers bi amped with silver anniversary cable and ma ba2 speakers.

Calibration has been done both with a meter and the inbuilt system and I get the same results, tried bi-amped and not and it sounds better bi- amped but still not clear highs, been like this since I bought it.

Or am I just expecting too much from this.

Thanks

Robert

Last edited:
Have you tried taking the treble and bass back to more moderate settings? +/- 10 is rather a lot and could make it sound quite unnatural.
What do you mean by 'clear highs'? Are we talking music or film? Do you actually mean the high-frequency back (sibilance in speech, the 'tizz' of cymbals in music) or do you mean high-pitch tones? (higher tones would be more like mid-frequency).
And are they too quiet, muffled, distorted, other?

Thanks it's the high frequencies that I can't seem to get clear e.g. Cymbals high piano or strings

Robert

Thanks it's the high frequencies that I can't seem to get clear e.g. Cymbals high piano or strings
Sounds like a speaker or really serious room problem to me. Check you haven't blown the tweeters.

Hi thanks how would I check the tweeters aren't blown

Hi thanks how would I check the tweeters aren't blown
Most simply, by using your ears!:facepalm: Just place one of them near each of the drive units when music / voice is active and make sure you can hear something coming out. Any drive which fails to produce sound is in need of attention. The obvious word of caution: keep the volume level sensible or you'll blow your ear drums.:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom