Captain America 3: Civil War (29 April 2016)

Who's Side Do/(did after seeing) You Want To Win?

• Iron Man's

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Captain America's

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • Not Bothered

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I Agree With IM Point of View But Want CA Team To Win

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I Agree With CA Point of View But Want IM Team To Win

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • **** NEW POLL VOTE BELOW - YOUR FILM RATING? *****

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 3.2%

Votes: 13 10.5%

Votes: 21 16.9%

Votes: 9 7.3%

Votes: 5 4.0%

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I enjoyed Civil War, but I didn't buy Iron Mans point of view, seemed against his character to me given he's the ultimate one man boss. Which is why I think they crow barred..

..that scene near the end where he watches his parents being murdered in gratuitous detail, no need for that at all other than a box tick to his side of things.

..and while the action was great, it was clear..

..that no one was going to get hurt, well, aside War machines friendly fire incident, which sort of sums that up.

It felt more pointless on second watch.

I did not see it that way. I was nervous for all the main characters' well-being.

I can't recall being nervous for a super hero's well being in any of the movies, it would have been nice if Civil War was different, but from the first encounter it was clear to me that it wouldn't be. I think..

..Quicksilver has been the only hero death so far? Not a very fleshed out character if memory servers.

I'm hoping Infinite Wars changes all that..

I can't recall being nervous for a super hero's well being in any of the movies, it would have been nice if Civil War was different, but from the first encounter it was clear to me that it wouldn't be. I think..

..Quicksilver has been the only hero death so far? Not a very fleshed out character if memory servers.

I'm hoping Infinite Wars changes all that..
I was particularly nervous for
Winter Soldier

I enjoyed Civil War, but I didn't buy Iron Mans point of view, seemed against his character to me given he's the ultimate one man boss. Which is why I think they crow barred..

..that scene near the end where he watches his parents being murdered in gratuitous detail, no need for that at all other than a box tick to his side of things.

..and while the action was great, it was clear..

..that no one was going to get hurt, well, aside War machines friendly fire incident, which sort of sums that up.

It felt more pointless on second watch.

I agree with you, it's something I felt the first time watching it. I'm guessing here but I'd think there would be more intent to kill or hurt in the comic books.

Did feel kind of pointless. But I guess one thing is true; there had to be some plot filling the time before Thanos decided to get off her purple backside and do something!

Look Civil War is a very good screenplay, weaves the story together and makes a plausible argument between Stark and Rodgers, but left me a little cold. Especially as I never believed any of the main heroes were ever looking to hurt their fellow team mates - which by definition is not war!

Civil Skirmish or Civil Tussle doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.

I watched this again today and really enjoyed it. Definitely one of the best with a surprising amount of humour despite it being a serious movie. The introduction of Spiderman was excellent and I really like Holland in the role.

I watched this again today and really enjoyed it. Definitely one of the best with a surprising amount of humour despite it being a serious movie. The introduction of Spiderman was excellent and I really like Holland in the role.

And with hindsight it serves as a very good bridge movie between the personal and gritty Winter Soldier, and the large scale Avengers battles of Infinity War/Endgame. Another example of how perfectly Feige, Markus/McFeely and the Russos crafted their story.

Watched this myself last week. It is another excellent Marvel addition.

In all but name one of the Avenger's films, and it did help the Russo's get the Infinity War/Endgame gig, such was their competence in handling so many of the heroes on screen at the same time.

And with hindsight it serves as a very good bridge movie between the personal and gritty Winter Soldier, and the large scale Avengers battles of Infinity War/Endgame. Another example of how perfectly Feige, Markus/McFeely and the Russos crafted their story.

Yeah, I agree, the set ups in the MCU movies up to Infinity War/Endgame were very well done. If only my favourite franchise had taken a similar approach :(

Disney Wars? I watched 2 of those, that was enough for me. I may get the rest when they dip under 10 each.

Matey above saying Disney ruined star wars..

The first time I watched this I thought it was too long, and trying to accomplish too much, and not as good as Winter Soldier.

Reading through the last set of comments got me wondering if I was wrong so I put it on again last night. Unfortunately though I still feel the same way. It’s fine as far as Marvel entries go, but not up there as one of the best for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom