Caroline Flack found dead

Apsilon

Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Noooooo!

Just read it - I hope it’s not connected to her upcoming trial
Very sad

Yep. Trial by media before she'd even officially gone on trial.

RIP

I guess it is. She’s looked increasingly ragged recently, but surely things aren’t that bad. Her ex was reaching out to her even though he wasn’t allowed.

If she has indeed taken her own life, there were obviously underlying issues that deepened/spiralled dramatically in recent weeks.

Plus she was getting abuse on social media and the like. It's all become too much for her.

It also appears that ITV were distancing themselves as well, when perhaps they should have been offering support.

You only have to look at the different approach ITV took with Ant McPartlin. I wonder why that was.....

Her family have confirmed her death in a statement.

So sad, a victim of mental health issues, she needed helping not hounding

Very sad. I always thought she was a good presenter.

It would be very easy to place blame on various things but regardless of that she must’ve felt there was no way back from what was happening to her. It could have even been a poor decision whilst she was intoxicated, I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

The trolls are responsible and the lack of support from the ITV is disgraceful.

Such a shame.

RIP

The woman was epically fit. Was just trying to figure out with my mate what she used to be on when we were younger that we would’ve seen, cos I’ve not seen her on any of her recent stuff.
All I’m gonna say is this and it’ll be controversial in this day and age, but I’m glad neither of my parents ended up in trouble with the law and committed suicide after they’d had a row and something was lobbed in each other’s direction. They’ve been happily married 40 yrs, no one ever got hurt, but rows happen.
Everybody is so quick to label everything now. Black & White. It’s just not right.
RIP Caroline.

She must have just had enough of it all going around her and all the personal and professional pressure. Most people who commit suicide do it because they have had enough of feeling a certain way not because they want to die.

Great outcome for the Police/DPP who had time to prosecute despite the "victim" not pressing charges - and banning her from all contact with her boyfriend - absolutely disgraceful IMO...... :mad:

It's done specifically to protect domestic abuse victims who can't always stand up to their abuser.

Sadly any legal system put in to protect can be easily misused, it's the balance of protecting genuine victims vs those who use the systems against innocents.

Just seen that cockwomble Eammon Holmes tweeting his shock "beyond belief", mentioning "repercussions for Love Island" but conveniently neglecting to mention the media in general, which didn't stop others reminding him he's the hypocritical arsehole who recently launched a cowardly diatribe against Meghan Markle.

Numpty Morgan was the same. They make me sick to be honest.

The media are collectively responsible because only those within the media can instigate change. But they won't.

It's sad but in a few weeks or so it will be largely forgotten, something else will take over the news, and the media will carry on the way it always has.

This comment seems to be trending “In a world where you can be anything, choose to be kind”.

It’s very true, and as above such a tragic outcome for a young woman.

Such a shame when anyone takes their own life. Especially so with Caroline Flack who was such a beauty and had so much promise. Sadly online trolls, itv and the gutter press clearly made the situation she was currently in impossible.

You do have to wonder why ITV dumped her straight away when the court case appeared yet supported Ant fully.

Hope all these so called celebs pouring their hearts out, did or tried to offer their support when she was alive and struggling.

Not talking necessarily about Caroline Flack but you have to wonder about all of these people linked with the TV Show ‘Love Island’ who have committed Suicide. It’s a world fuelled by social media and a lot of these people just can’t handle what comes with the attention they get after appearing in the show. We can’t underestimate the effect that social media has on all of us.

Not talking necessarily about Caroline Flack but you have to wonder about all of these people linked with the TV Show ‘Love Island’ who have committed Suicide. It’s a world fuelled by social media and a lot of these people just can’t handle what comes with the attention they get after appearing in the show. We can’t underestimate the effect that social media has on all of us.
3 young persons I believe.

Such a shame when anyone takes their own life. Especially so with Caroline Flack who was such a beauty and had so much promise. Sadly online trolls, itv and the gutter press clearly made the situation she was currently in impossible.

You do have to wonder why ITV dumped her straight away when the court case appeared yet supported Ant fully.

There's nothing to wonder about to be honest. McPartlin is and always has been ITV gold. Flack was not, seen now as a long term liability, and cast to the wolves of the press.

In my humble opinion, she was absolutely stunning but that doesn’t matter one bean now. The impact of her untimely death will I hope resonate with other young people, this is no way out.

Speak, chat, message, ask a neighbour it doesn’t matter what just don’t keep it bottled up for fudges sake

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom