CBeebies HD

damianmcr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

None of the tvs in my house can pick up CBeebies HD. Anyone any idea?

It's not as if I'm missing any other channels so its a certain mux. I think that's correct. It's been years since I've read up on it.

Signal strength for all channels is good. I'm quite close to the transmitter. My aerial is in the attic if it matters but it doesn't for the others.

Transmitter is Divis.

Thanks

There were changes last week on my transmitter (Winter Hill) that now mean that channels like BBC Four HD, BBC News HD and CBeebies HD are now broadcast on COM7 @ UHF 55, which many people seem to struggle to receive. I would imagine that this could explain your issue, although you should find the problem applies to all of those channels - not just CBeebies HD.

In my house, I have 2 TVs and a PVR that don't pick up COM7 at all, but one that does. The signal on that one varies considerably day to day.

I dont think its thar LV426. Had this problem before that date.

mikej, I've just had a quick look and I cant find them other two channels. Didn't even know they existed. That must be my issue.

As you are on Divis, the problem may be your aerial.

The highest of the main Mux is ARQ B on 30, which could mean that you have a group A aerial for the low numbered channels. COM7, which has the missing channels, is on 55, which is well outside the range of a group A, even if the signals are fairly strong.

One of your local Mux is on 48, which might also be a struggle, the other is on 36 which should be OK.

4 September 2019 COM7/8 moved from frequency ch.s 33/34 to 51/60 that would be when you lost those as outwith a group A aerial bandwidth.
4 March 2020 they moved from 51/60 to 55/56 and had a power change (to 8.9 kW erp).
30 June 2020 COM8 ceased all transmission (TV channels moved/some ceased earlier on 25th June).

Now, is it worth a fitting new wider band aerial for COM7 as it could cease transmission with 3 months' notice from Ofcom to do so?

As you are on Divis, the problem may be your aerial.

The highest of the main Mux is ARQ B on 30, which could mean that you have a group A aerial for the low numbered channels. COM7, which has the missing channels, is on 55, which is well outside the range of a group A, even if the signals are fairly strong.

One of your local Mux is on 48, which might also be a struggle, the other is on 36 which should be OK.
What would be on 48?

I get them fine. I even pick up the remainder of the Saorview channels.

As long as I know the reason. I'll make do with SD of them 3 channels.

Thank you

You might notice the difference, but I suspect the kids won't.:D

I'm in Hampshire and I receive Cbeebies from the I.O.W. as SD on Freeview channel No. 202

Vin Blanc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom