CCTV system help & advice

Anyone know where I can purchase a Hikvision system from? seems to be only distributors that sell them. Must be someone selling them direct to a DIY person. I’m more than capable and have all the cabling in place, so don’t want to pay an installer.

No IR on the ColorVu and i haven't tried them with no light other than before the sensor switches them on i have seen a video on YouTube that tests them with no light and they seemed pretty good also the lights can be turned pretty low but this will obviously have the effect of limiting the range they cover.
As for suppliers i got my setup from here Hikvision CCTV Kits - NVRs - IP cameras - WIFI doorbells

I've seen several pieces of test footage on the ColorVu cameras without IR at night and I'm impressed. It doesn't take much ambient light for them work really well at night.

Anyone know where I can purchase a Hikvision system from? seems to be only distributors that sell them. Must be someone selling them direct to a DIY person. I’m more than capable and have all the cabling in place, so don’t want to pay an installer.

They only sell to trade I think. You need to find a friendly sparky who will order them for you and then you pay them. Or so I've heard.

This is the site I order from
Hikvision UK Authorised Distributor | Dynamic CCTV

Do the NVR‘s that hikvision make have the acusense software on them? I can only see acusense on the DVR’s?

Do the NVR‘s that hikvision make have the acusense software on them? I can only see acusense on the DVR’s?

Looks like it. AcuSense Series|Network Video Recorders|Hikvision

1589486951489.png

It's arrived. Going to install it shortly. These new ones are a lot bigger than the old ones.

IMG_1978.jpg

I've been using a ColorVU as a lazy way of watching the stars. Here's a capture with NO external lighting turned on. BTW, I buy my Hikvision gear from www.cctvkits.co.uk. They have good prices and helpful support if you need it.
nightvision.jpg

Taken about an hour ago before it got too dark.

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

Taken just now

IMG_1984.jpg

The LED is really bright, but you do have the option to adjust it and what times it comes on.

1589576259072.png

Here's a cropped image from now. (I don't really want to show a full view)

1589576571102.png

This is the original 5MP turret I had there. Image from the same time last night.

1589576643538.png

Another one of the new camera, with the LED off. It looks like there's a massive floodlight but it's just a low powered LED street light.

1589577655955.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom