Centre Speaker for Yamaha rx V585. Any ideas?

davidaa

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am getting into home cinema with a projector in a little London flat. And need surround sound. People suggest getting a good Centre Speaker and building from there. I am looking at the used market. Seems like Dali Zensor might be an option, are there any others. I want to spend about £300-£400 on the whole speaker system and maybe £200 on the centre?

Any help would be much appreciated?

If you are going to build Dali system then Zensor centre. There is one available, 13minutes left for you to win the bid! :) Put offer if intrested. Well worth the low price.

Zensor mains here. I would consider Z3 for main channels and perhaps Zensor 1s for surrounds depending of your room/space available.

They are nice speakers if you like bit extra sparkle/brightness in the top end!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I missed it. A friend said B&W are much better? Are they..?

He probably owns B&W and have heard both then, but it´s still only he`s opinion. I think both are on the brighter side these days (600 serie), but which would be better for you is not possible to say without listening. I have owned the older range (600 S3), but haven´t heard newer ones. Looking the prices of B&W models in gumtree they are overpriced and quite old! But if you want 15-20years old speakers...

You are going about it the wrong way I feel. You should get the left and right front speakers first and then source the centre speaker to use with them. It is recommended that the front three come from the same model line up to help preserve timbre across the front sound stage.

I see. Some suggest getting the centre speaker and building up from there. I managed to order the Focal Chorus V CC700V for £150, which seems like good value. But it's a clearly not a popular brand.. :S

I see. Some suggest getting the centre speaker and building up from there. I managed to order the Focal Chorus V CC700V for £150, which seems like good value. But it's a clearly not a popular brand.. :S

It might not be as popular in UK, but Focal is well known big company that builds good speakers.

Try to get these for mains: Focal Chorus 706 V Speakers | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thank you for your help. I forgot out absorbing hifi can be without even listening to it.

What do you think of the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s?

Are they better, almost as good? They look like they might be cheaper.

Thank you for your help. I forgot out absorbing hifi can be without even listening to it.

What do you think of the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s?

Are they better, almost as good? They look like they might be cheaper.

Better to get Focal speakers for main l/r aswell! The one i linked is identical partner with that center channel you have.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom