Quantcast

CES 2018: Hisense showcase U7 and U9 LED LCD 4K TVs

nugget2014

hisense have decent pricing, and that u9 looks very very good..2500 nits was unexpected! and 1000 zones, already a samsung QLED beater ;)

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I've been eyeing up a new telly for a while, but want a size increase to 65" which puts OLED out (too pricey here at 3k for a B7), so a FALD 65" with all the recent spec is certainly interesting. Remains to be seen how the HDR war pans out though...

davidcharles

shame they aren't doing the FALD sets in 50 or 55inch...they would sell very well...

Atomicus

Are these using native 120Hz panels then, which will do that via external source? Good option for PC use I wonder, size permitting of course?

mikenico

Novice Member
hisense have decent pricing, and that u9 looks very very good..2500 nits was unexpected! and 1000 zones, already a samsung QLED beater ;)
This is all well and good, but maybe they should put thier house in order to the poeple that bought Tvs a year ago with flawed software

Loopthrough

Loving the ripoff of Panasonic's flagship stand from the AX802 series in 2015.

Talking of which, Panasonic have been quiet on the non-OLED front this year...

sergiup

Distinguished Member
shame they aren't doing the FALD sets in 50 or 55inch...they would sell very well...
I'm no expert, bit I have an inkling that this may be a cost/competition thing; the 65" and 75" size ranges are usually either cheap and cheerful, or expensive (and much better, usually). If they were to release a 'small' FALD set I reckon their costs would still be quite significant, which would put them above many of the other manufacturer's smaller TVs, hence they might just not sell well enough. Granted there are some users (as you can see in this thread) who would want one, but the overall market might just not be there to justify the smaller FALD sets.

nugget2014

one thing, in the article it says 2500 nits, but in the video steve says 2000 nits.

gds1972

I look forward to seeing a review of the 50 inch U7 later in the year it might make a very good second television.

jan2897

This is all well and good, but maybe they should put thier house in order to the poeple that bought Tvs a year ago with flawed software
Hisense continually release new TV's but their customer support is appalling. Updates never arrive as promised. I will never purchase another Hisense TV regardless of how good it is.

JB1891

The U9 potentially looks like it could be a very impressive set, providing it actually delivers on the promised specifications and figures quoted.

technomen

Hisense 65 "65P9(65U9A in EU)Series 9 Premium UHD Smart TV:
200 Smooth Motion Rate
Prime Array Backlight with 720 Dimming Zones
Quantum Dot Colour
HDR Supreme 2500-nit Peaking Brightness
Ultra HD Premium Certified
Ultra Local Dimming
Depth Enhancer
Clean View
Hi-View Engine Plus
harman/kardon Design for Hisense
Pure Metal Design
Sports Mode
VIDAA U 2.5 Smart TV
RemoteNow Ready
Hisense 65" 65P9 Series 9 Premium UHD Smart TV Buy Cheap Hisense 65" 65P9 Series 9 Premium UHD Smart TV - Video Pro - Videopro

JB1891

At just over £2100 for the 65” U9A, considering the specs and if it can actually deliver on them it looks like it could be an absolute beast of a tv for the money.

technomen

At just over £2100 for the 65” U9A, considering the specs and if it can actually deliver on them it looks like it could be an absolute beast of a tv for the money.
if the Italian prices are applied to all Europe it is really a good price !

Kingchin

Does anybody think the series 7 H55U7AUK will be any good? It's now available to buy on quite a few online retailers but no proper reviews online anywhere.

Looks almost identical visually to last years series 7 H55NU8700 apart from the speakers on the H55U7AUK being on the back and not the front.

Wonder if there will actually be any improvements in the H55U7AUK over the H55NU8700 apart from the sports mode and faster Vidaa 2.5 OS.
_20180421_233245.JPG
_20180421_233322.JPG

Last edited:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
Wow £3.5k gets you alot of tv with hisense.
I've never owned one but the U9 has caught my attention. Just hope reviews are forthcoming and good.

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney+ UK launch now 24th March
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Filmmaker Mode will use autosensing
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense U8Q and U7Q QLED TVs coming to UK in 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2020