CES 2018: Hisense showcase U7 and U9 LED LCD 4K TVs

Pretty sure they just rebadge Hisense TV's for the Indian market. Must be enough money in it for both of them to turn a profit ...
Yes i see they actually do rebrand some Hisense tv's in the Indian Market just like others companies do the same with other brands in the UK etc. Still the VU Quantum Pixelight might look the same as the Hisense U9A but its only 1000 nits so inside specs will be based off a much older Hisense model.

Still bit weird QLED is mentioned as Samsung has trademark for QLED name and technology in tv's. Maybe Vu and Samsung made a deal to let Vu use QLED technologies in the tv in India.

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a new tv and I came across the Hisense 8700 and the U7a (both 55 inches) being the u7a 85€ expensier.

I don't find any reviews or much information about the u7a, so which one do you guys think I should get?

Thank you.

Yes i see they actually do rebrand some Hisense tv's in the Indian Market just like others companies do the same with other brands in the UK etc. Still the VU Quantum Pixelight might look the same as the Hisense U9A but its only 1000 nits so inside specs will be based off a much older Hisense model.

Still bit weird QLED is mentioned as Samsung has trademark for QLED name and technology in tv's. Maybe Vu and Samsung made a deal to let Vu use QLED technologies in the tv in India.

Not sure on the trademark but I know Samsung formed a QLED alliance with Hisense and TLC so likely that Samsung think the more they can get onboard the merrier.

Not sure what they will think once Hisense launch their new OLED later in the year ...

I wouldn't read too much into that as we know it definitely uses quantum dots but it also says quantum dot technology - no. Hisense have regularly put the wrong specs for their tv's on the official Hisense pages.

Hopefully we get confirmation of a full 10 bit panel being used. Would be silly for Hisense to put a 8bit + FRC panel in their flagship tv.
_20180503_194633.JPG

I hope so too because putting an 8bit + FRC panel on an HDG TV is really stupid as you say !

Richer Sounds are selling the 55U7A for £649 and I'm quite tempted to get this for a second TV.

Hisense

The top end U9 series has just become available on the John Lewis website:
Hisense 75U9A ULED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 75" with Freeview Play, Ultra HD Certified, Black/Silver at John Lewis

£3,449 which looks pretty competitive for a 75" panel - be interesting to see how it performs and when the 65" version will be available.

Anybody looking to pick one of these up in the coming weeks - I imagine a review of some sort will pop up soon??
It's been available to buy online from John Lewis for over a couple of weeks :smashin: i mentioned it in a previous post in this thread.

But yep will be interesting to see how the Hisense 75U9A and the smaller 65inch 65U9A which goes on sale in July at John Lewis for £2,199 performs in upcoming reviews.

Richer Sounds are selling the 55U7A for £649 and I'm quite tempted to get this for a second TV.

Hisense
It's worth knowing Hisense are doing a 4 year warranty on the u7/u9 as standard as part of the world cup promotion.

I got my 55u7a from AO on the eBay offer last week for ~£580, it came Friday and I'm over the moon with it so far. I did have to turn off the smooth motion completely as it really did cause the image to judder, but with that off it's been great so far.

Anyone know when the 65U7A will be coming out?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
With probably only a 1 year warranty?
Might be worth waiting for Jl or RS to see if they are going to stock it, for the extra peace of mind of a long warranty?
Hisense curre tly offers 4 year warranty.

Hopefully the 65" U7A is a bit brighter than the 55"...... 280 hits must be wrong surely?

Thats half my current DX750.

Looking for a good all-round family TV - nothing high-end. So, curious about Hisense's decent reviews I popped into JL's 'flagship' store in Glasgow hoping to have a look at the 55U7 - and maybe even compare it against the 55NU8700, which shows as still being available on their website....
"Oh we don't display Hisense in store, but you can buy from us online"....!
Plain old brand snobbery? Or don't they want Hisense showing up equivalent big-brand units they're selling for hundreds more?

Looking for a good all-round family TV - nothing high-end. So, curious about Hisense's decent reviews I popped into JL's 'flagship' store in Glasgow hoping to have a look at the 55U7 - and maybe even compare it against the 55NU8700, which shows as still being available on their website....
"Oh we don't display Hisense in store, but you can buy from us online"....!
Plain old brand snobbery? Or don't they want Hisense showing up equivalent big-brand units they're selling for hundreds more?

Think it's both reasons.

Co-op Electrical offering £50 off the 55U7 for Co-op members till 04/06/18. Membership costs a whole £1, so with free delivery also included the 55U7 can be had for £550...!
I know it's not going to be the 'best' set among its peers but this might be hard to resist - if I can actually get to see one in operation before the offer ends!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom