CES 2020 News: Samsung launches 75-inch Micro LED TV - news discussion

Building a new modular MicroLED TV you just bought...

9cbff77cdc5e2cb6aaf9fb53c48a95da.jpg

A modular design does mean you can choose different screen sizes, but the smallest screen size will depend on the number of pixels on each module. At present it looks like 75 inches is the smallest screen with a minimum of 4K resolution. My guess is the actual resolutions of the 88-, 93- and 110-inch versions are more than 4K but not enough to be classed as 8K, so they only accept up to 4K and scale to their native resolution. The 150- and 292-inch models are capable of native resolutions of at least 8K, and once again I'm betting the native resolution of the 292-inch model is actually more than 8K, but the display scales all content up to 8K to match its actual resolution. This is the only thing that makes sense if you constructing all these screen sizes using the same basic modules as building blocks.
Thanks steve
I just hope we can get 65 in 4k in 2-3 years without selling a kidney

I would be interested in the 88" size. (I know I may in the minority, but because I would want to watch things like sport and documentaries on it, not only films, I would prefer the 16 x 9 aspect ratio, rather than the flilm-friendly 21 x 9 aspect ratio.) I would be curious how the 88" modular 4K television would compare side by side with an exisitng good similar-sized 8K television like the Sony 85ZG9.

I would be interested in the 88" size. (I know I may in the minority, but because I would want to watch things like sport and documentaries on it, not only films, I would prefer the 16 x 9 aspect ratio, rather than the flilm-friendly 21 x 9 aspect ratio.) I would be curious how the 88" modular 4K television would compare side by side with an exisitng good similar-sized 8K television like the Sony 85ZG9.

Here's a thought.

As the screens should in theory have "perfect" blacks I would assume 2.4:1 would be preferable in a light controlled room as you'd never see the borders.

In fact with enough money the dream would be that you'd just panel the entire wall and let the software just light what's needed. It's like having the perfect masking system really - that way you could have any ratio you like whenever you needed it completely dynamically in software.

G

Here's a thought.
As the screens should in theory have "perfect" blacks I would assume 2.4:1 would be preferable in a light controlled room as you'd never see the borders.
In fact with enough money the dream would be that you'd just panel the entire wall and let the software just light what's needed. It's like having the perfect masking system really - that way you could have any ratio you like whenever you needed it completely dynamically in software.
That's basically what Samsung has planned long-term.

After some 4 years with OLEDs because burn ins i need to take step back maybe at q90r or 2020 qled series and if micro leds gets afordable for us mortals in next 4-5 years then maybe i never go back to oleds....

It'll be fascinating to see how uniform the sub panels are across the entire screen...particularly at low luminance.

Time to crack out the 5% slides usually reserved for torturing OLEDs;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom