Champions League 19/20

Today could only be topped if Pep signs a new contract, Southampton win and Mbappe appears in a City shirt :laugh:

And Silva signs a 12 month extension

Today could only be topped if Pep signs a new contract, Southampton win and Mbappe appears in a City shirt :laugh:
Would you not prefer to sign someone like koulibaily who can actually defend cos ur not exactly lacking in the goal scoring department

Would you not prefer to sign someone like koulibaily who can actually defend cos ur not exactly lacking in the goal scoring department
Concede 9 scores 10 works for me

Didn't work for 9 losses out of 35 in the pl not including draws
if you watched most of those losses we actually dominated those games and had we had a goal machine up front we wouldnt have lost, just look at southampton game.

I watched a lot of city this season and a lot of the goals conceded were a result of shambolic defending, individual errors by error prone players. Had u better defenders you wouldn't have conceded.

This debate around CAS / FFP etc will have to wait as I’m off into town to shoot a firework at the town hall. Catch you later !

I watched a lot of city this season and a lot of the goals conceded were a result of shambolic defending, individual errors by error prone players. Had u better defenders you wouldn't have conceded.
Thanks for the feedback.

The City/Real game will go the same way as the Chelsea/Barca semi from a few years back - no way are UEFA letting City through

The City/Real game will go the same way as the Chelsea/Barca semi from a few years back - no way are UEFA letting City through
You can’t imagine us winning the CL anyway - this has probably put an end to the hopes.

Great that MC have rightly won there case.

so is ffp over now ?
Hope so .. not sure people are aware but in the Championship FFP is implemented stringently .. my club has a wealthy owner who serviced a debt of £50 million ... but to meet FFP, in the end, we have had to sell our best players for 3 seasons running .. we are now debt-free but still in the Championship.. where as we could have been in debt and in the EPL..

My point being we are debt free but with a wealthy owner able to spend as he see's fit that 50 million debt was never a problem.. FFP made it one.

Hope so .. not sure people are aware but in the Championship FFP is implemented stringently .. my club has a wealthy owner who serviced a debt of £50 million ... but to meet FFP, in the end, we have had to sell our best players for 3 seasons running .. we are now debt-free but still in the Championship.. where as we could have been in debt and in the EPL..

My point being we are debt free but with a wealthy owner able to spend as he see's fit that 50 million debt was never a problem.. FFP made it one.
and all they need to change is your owner gifts it to you, then he cant claim it back

I mean, you assume that by spending money you would have been in the EPL. And that is precisely the problem. That encourages teams to overspend, placing them at risk. So maybe FFP is more effective than you think. And now you are debt free you should be able to spend and get to the promised land next season right?

and all they need to change is your owner gifts it to you, then he cant claim it back
Obvious statement FFP is more about keeping those who dine at the big table .. seated there permanently .. lets not look how they got that seat in the first place.

I mean, you assume that by spending money you would have been in the EPL. And that is precisely the problem. That encourages teams to overspend, placing them at risk. So maybe FFP is more effective than you think. And now you are debt free you should be able to spend and get to the promised land next season right?
I get if we did not have a Billionaire owner a debt of £50 million needs to be kept in check .. but we have ... he can only spend on the basis of income so no debt is accrued .. and on that basis we are roughly in line with our position in the league at present.. like everything if something works in your favour you are all for it.. or against you, the opposite.

Of course. But I'm not sure they can just look at the owner and go "yeah, he's alright, we'll let him spend his money but that guy over there looks a bit shady so let's not let him spend his". The rules are across the board (well unless you have good lawyers :D )

What if all his other businesses went tits up and he tried to take the money out of the club? Would it be worth your club going out of existence?

I get if we did not have a Billionaire owner a debt of £50 million needs to be kept in check .. but we have ... he can only spend on the basis of income so no debt is accrued .. and on that basis we are roughly in line with our position in the league at present.. like everything if something works in your favour you are all for it.. or against you, the opposite.

Hopefully it will work out for you long term though, better then spending loads and something happens with the owner and your club ending up with issues.

Of course. But I'm not sure they can just look at the owner and go "yeah, he's alright, we'll let him spend his money but that guy over there looks a bit shady so let's not let him spend his". The rules are across the board (well unless you have good lawyers :D )

What if all his other businesses went tits up and he tried to take the money out of the club? Would it be worth your club going out of existence?
That’s why you make it a gift, Chelsea are in dire straits if a Roman comes for his cash, City don’t owe a penny, United and Spurs heavily in debt, yet if someone wants to use their own money and not want it back it’s seen as a bad thing!

I appreciate that and maybe that's the only way you do it. But it still doesn't cover the club.

Say businessman comes in. Gifts the club £500mil on the basis they sign Neymar or whoever, wages of £1mil a week. Then businessman suddenly goes bust, then asset strips the club and suddenly that club has Neymar they can't sell because no one can match the wages and the club can't pay him and then the club is in trouble

Not a great example but you get the gist. They alreadt have owners tests and half of them have failed after taking over. Just look at what has happened at Wigan.

F52BBBC2-94DC-4A47-A23B-1CE96DE9C08E.png

As i wrote in the Championship you really do have to live within your means .. as we have already gone bust once before .. i do not fancy going there again. are owner is very shrewd under his hospices that will not be happening.

I appreciate that and maybe that's the only way you do it. But it still doesn't cover the club.

Say businessman comes in. Gifts the club £500mil on the basis they sign Neymar or whoever, wages of £1mil a week. Then businessman suddenly goes bust, then asset strips the club and suddenly that club has Neymar they can't sell because no one can match the wages and the club can't pay him and then the club is in trouble

Not a great example but you get the gist. They alreadt have owners tests and half of them have failed after taking over. Just look at what has happened at Wigan.
Yes that's dodgy owners FFP will not stop the take over of a club by a wrong one .. but as implemented in the Championship the businessmen would not be able to pump vast amounts of money into a club .. unless it's matched by equivalent income.. though recently Sheff Wednesday and Derby's owners have bought back parts of the clubs' infrastructure to boost income.. thus allowing greater spending, in both cases it's not working.. and at some point, they will have to answer in whatever guise that manifest it's self.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom