Question Changes to Virgin package email ??

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got an email today of VM saying my package has been changed. But I haven't contacted them to alter anything on my package from them.
Here is part of the email I received today. Has anybody else received something like this ??

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.
Quick recap of what you now enjoy:
Your new package now includes:
TV: Mix TV
We've removed:
TV: Maxit TV
Phone: Telephone Line Rental - Talk Weekends - Free Voicemail - Payment Handling Charge

So I got an email today of VM saying my package has been changed. But I haven't contacted them to alter anything on my package from them.
Here is part of the email I received today. Has anybody else received something like this ??

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.
Quick recap of what you now enjoy:
Your new package now includes:
TV: Mix TV
We've removed:
TV: Maxit TV
Phone: Telephone Line Rental - Talk Weekends - Free Voicemail - Payment Handling Charge

I've not had anything like that. Could be a scam or an error. If I were you, I'd contact them by phone (not reply to the email) and see what they say.

If there's a link or a button in the e-mail, hover over it (don't click it) and make a note of the link that appears at the bottom of your e-mail client. If it ends "virginmedia.com" it's probably genuine, but I would still call just to be sure. If it's anything else, it's phishing.

This is what I get when I hover over the View My Bill link in my latest e-mail from VM:

VMBill.JPG

Last edited:
This may be a SCAM. Do not respond especially if they ask for your password. If you want to know the true status of your account go to the official website and log in with your password details. There are a lot of scams around at the moment. Some of these messages from Virgin are genuine, but check directly through the official source/site. Recently I have:

Won the Australian lottery
Been offered prizes and gift from supermarkets and other retailers that I never use
Been told that my Virgin account has been frozen, or about to close
Told I need to renew my Mcfee account (I don't have one)
Told my TV licence has expired (Currently I don't even need one)
Asked for Amazon password in order to renew my membership (when it is currently up to date)
Notifications from banks and building societies I don't use
Frequent offers of Bit Coin schemes
Invitations to join money making schemes apparently endorsed by TV personalities or, most frequently, mentors and contestants in British and American The Apprentice or Dragons Den.

The list goes on and on. Some of my devices block this stuff and some don't. These xxxxxx's have several ways to hide their true origins, sometimes they will lead you to a real site, but on the way they quickly collect your details so you never know you have been conned. Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are a frequent give-away. As advised above delete them quickly and don't be led into something you will regret.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom