Question Cheap Bluetooth/wireless gaming headset

Dirtschmooz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
looking for something cheap and cheerful for voice chat on some fps games. any recommendations? just needs to work, as we only use infrequently

Most Bluetooth headsets have a delay in the sound that reaches your ears in relation to what your seeing. It varies in the amount from a few, to a few hundred milliseconds at which point it is normally fairly noticeable. It causes what I believe are called lip-sync issues which are pretty significantly off putting.

I've only come across one pair of headphones (actually earbuds) that don't suffer from this (or with a delay sufficiently small that it isn't detectable). But I had to go through some considerable number before I found them... by accident since I'd long given up the hope of finding any when I came across these by accident.

Generally I'd not recommend it since wired headphones don't suffer from this phenomenon.

You know I ended up with a cheap Chinese brand I brought on ebay for about £10 I'll see if I can find the link... if they still sell them. This was about a year ago.

This isn't the seller I bought from, but these are the headphones. You may find them from serveral other sellers.Headphones

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Also have a new headset. Need to make sure it has decent surround sound functionality. I currently use the PS4 official headset which does a great job with positioning on CoD so something on that level. Under £100. Presumably the nee PS5 headset isn't PC compatible.

Actually I just answered my own question. It seems the new PS5 headset is compatible with PC. I'll check reviews and likely go with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom