Cheap tracker with decent screen?

leedebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Got a cheap tracker off Amazon for £20, overall pleased with it, love the functionality, app is decent & it has a really neat usb charging method. Battery life is excellent as well. The only real issue is not being able to see the screen outside in the sun or bright weather. Thought it may be just because it's cheap however my wife has a Fitbit Inspire HR that's pretty much the same (both are supposedly oled).
Therefore looking for something relatively similar/cheap with a screen that can be read outside. Reviews suggest Honor Band 5 or Xiaomi Mi 4 etc might be ok but I cannot get definitive confirmation they are ok in bright sunlight, anyone?

Probably opt for the Honor Band 5 as that seems to get good reviews for sunlight readability. Anyone know if you can set the display timeout on this model, the standard setting on most of these seems to be around 5 secs.....

Bought a mi band 4 for my son and the screen is very bright and readable in day light. I have mi band 3 and the screen is not readable in daylight.

The fitness trackers on Amazon UK are from about £20 to £30 for the cheap unknown brand names. I ordered one for a laugh and was very surprised as to how good it is. And if you flick over to Alibaba or AliExpress, you can get them for about £4 including shipping, totally crazy !!! Obviously, it can take weeks and weeks coming from China and sometimes may not arrive at all. And don't forget UK import charges, sometimes you get charged and sometimes you don't. Depends if the UK customs people are having a tea break or not !!!

Update.....went outside today for the first time with this watch. Not sunny, dull and overcast and I could barely make out what was on my screen.

So pretty useless outside, but totally fine indoors.

I have sent it back, done a bit more research on what I actually need to achieve, so I can pin point the best one for me.

So I have ordered a Garmin Vivosmart 4. Screen and watch band is the size I want and the functions that I require are also there. Three times the price, but the screen is meant to be very good in bright sunshine.

As I started this post should bring it up to date. I bought the Honor Band 5 in the end. In short it is excellent tbh very impressed with sleep data, can control music & both steps & heartrate seem to be accurate. Also has an Spo2 monitor now.
Screen is very readable in sunlight even at 1/2 brightness you can see the clock face. Very pleased and bought from JL for £28 with 2 year warranty:nono:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom